The Student Room Group

OCR Classical Civilisation: Greek Tragedy

Hey does anybody have any predictions for what the passage questions will be for this years paper?? i know last years were Antigone and Medea I'm just wondering whats likely to come up.

Also if anybody has any clues as to what the essay questions will cover please let me know, id very much appreciate it.
Yeah I'm dying to know too.
Ironically, Medea and Antigone are the only two I feel that I know really well, whereas I could be asked anything on Agamemnon and Electra and have absolutely no idea :')
Good luck on Monday!
Reply 2
Original post by andpeggy17
Yeah I'm dying to know too.
Ironically, Medea and Antigone are the only two I feel that I know really well, whereas I could be asked anything on Agamemnon and Electra and have absolutely no idea :':wink:
Good luck on Monday!

haha I'm exactly the same i couldn't answer a question on Electra to save my life Good luck to you too (p.s i love your username :wink: )
Reply 3
I took this exam last year and am re-sitting it this year. I'm hoping something on Agamemnon will come up as a section A and Section B something on Women, I am very anxious about this exam!
Sooo .... it's done. What did you think?
I did the first context question and then the essay on good and bad character traits in Medea.
It was ok and i wrote solidly for 90 minutes but (as ever) didn't do a lot of direct quoting. I'm turning into the queen of paraphrase :unimpressed::unimpressed:
Original post by _cxw
I took this exam last year and am re-sitting it this year. I'm hoping something on Agamemnon will come up as a section A and Section B something on Women, I am very anxious about this exam!

How did it go for you?
What were all the questions for the odyssey? Book of the dead questions that is.
(edited 6 years ago)
I thought it went really well. I wrote a lot for B and not much for C. Hopefully it turns out ok!
Original post by cosplayqueen
I thought it went really well. I wrote a lot for B and not much for C. Hopefully it turns out ok!

Did you do the first context question too?

I thought that was ok - I hate the ten markers in these questions. I think it went ok though - parts B and C were better!

The Medea question was good (what a relief!). Had to pick material carefully though because I didn't want to run out of time. My conclusion was very hastily written!
Reply 9
I did the Antigone passage but I started the exam with the 45 Marker as it's worth the most marks, I did the question on good & bad characters in Medea. I then went to do the Commentary questions. I totally messed up the 10 marker but if I'm gonna lose marks, I'd rather it be on that - OVERALL a good paper!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending