The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Wait for the Xbox Project Scorpio to release.
As someone who plays and owns both, they're very similar. If you have friends on one console that is simply a large enough difference to justify that console. I personally preferred the Xbox as a console itself as I preferred the controller but if you have small hands go PS4. The player base is larger on Xbox for games like GTA and COD but larger for FIFA on PS4.
Reply 3
Original post by Meany Pie
Wait for the Xbox Project Scorpio to release.

Expect to pay a lot for a 4k gaming console.
Original post by stoyfan
Expect to pay a lot for a 4k gaming console.

It is rumoured to only be about $500
I'd say go for the PS4
personaly xbox is a better console, but everyone is on ps4 now days, so get ps4. il sell you one kinda cheap if intersted
Original post by Arsudar
So currently my older brother is planning to get a console (PS4 or Xbox One) and he's asking which one to get, since I play games more than him :tongue:. I'm also a bit at lost here so I hope to hear some opinion :biggrin:.
And by all means I don't mean to start a war, rather I wish to hear some opinions about which to choose.
Thanks!
Reply 7
Original post by Meany Pie
It is rumoured to only be about $500

Obiviously it would probably only run at 30hz. If you want a 60hz then it would be way more expensive.

Also depends if AMD would want to sell their GPU and CPU at a cheap price.

Do you know when they are going to reveal it?
Reply 8
The question should really be PS4 vs PC.

Xbox has very few exclusives (As in literally - Gears, Forza, Halo)
PS4 has many more, and for a price you can build a PC that outclasses both.
Reply 9
Get a PS4.
PS4 for shizzle.
I have a ps4 and there are so many problems and nuisances ... go for n xbox
Original post by Arsudar
So currently my older brother is planning to get a console (PS4 or Xbox One) and he's asking which one to get, since I play games more than him :tongue:. I'm also a bit at lost here so I hope to hear some opinion :biggrin:.
And by all means I don't mean to start a war, rather I wish to hear some opinions about which to choose.
Thanks!

I don't play video games.
Original post by stoyfan
Obiviously it would probably only run at 30hz. If you want a 60hz then it would be way more expensive.

Also depends if AMD would want to sell their GPU and CPU at a cheap price.

Do you know when they are going to reveal it?

E3 I think, so next week.
Xbox one, you can play old games as well as new ones
Original post by Another
The question should really be PS4 vs PC.

Xbox has very few exclusives (As in literally - Gears, Forza, Halo)
PS4 has many more, and for a price you can build a PC that outclasses both.

Yup, PC basically out classes everything and you can even build a PC that runs much faster than a console but it is cheaper than one.

And plus it has a crap-ton of exclusives. Heck, I spend most of my time playing PC exclusives.
Original post by Arsudar
Thanks!

a PC
Original post by Arsudar
Thanks!

Wait for the Scorpio unveil and decide then. That being said;

A) Pick the system more of your friends have to enjoy online multiplayer with them
B) If you don't have any friends that play online, get the system with the version exclusives you prefer.
isn't the xbox one still quite a bit cheaper?
Original post by karl pilkington
isn't the xbox one still quite a bit cheaper?

You're looking at roughly the same price for a PS4 Slim or Xbox One, while the PS4 Pro is a lot more expensive.

Latest