The Student Room Group

EDEXCEL GCSE Music 2017 JUNE

Hey guys, how did you find the exam? I'm so happy that Mozart came up for section b!!! Are u all happy with what you did? And What was your favourite and least favourite question in the paper?
Reply 1
I found it quite hard... my favourite questions were the Handel ones but least was definitely yiri or capercaillie
I didnt't like something's coming!
Original post by Aeben13
I found it quite hard... my favourite questions were the Handel ones but least was definitely yiri or capercaillie

Mine was the opposite haha. My fave was probably capercaille; i could answer most without even listening to the extract lool. The question about tonality in handel was quite hard. How could they not put grace or electric counterpoint in the paper?!
Reply 4
Original post by Angelbabe
Mine was the opposite haha. My fave was probably capercaille; i could answer most without even listening to the extract lool. The question about tonality in handel was quite hard. How could they not put grace or electric counterpoint in the paper?!

I know they were my best pieces! I understood the Handel but some of the questions in the other pieces were quite tough in my opinion? Hopefully everyone found it hard and the grade boundaries will be lower:/
Reply 5
i was one of the few people in my year who found it difficult but i really hope the grade boundaries r super low..... i think I've probably got about a B based on the grade boundaries from previous years which I'm just praying with my coursework is still A*
Did you guys find it harder or easier than June 2015? If most found it harder, it means the A* boundary will probably be below 70, which it was in 2015.

Posted from TSR Mobile
i thought the exam was ok, i know i got the question in chopin about the * wrong as i didn't know what it was but the rest of it wasn't horrific (looking at previous papers it could have been soo much worse), i'm sooo glad that grace and electric counterpoint didn't come up because i like the pieces but i find they're usually quite hrd short questions. did anyone actually do rag desh for the 12 marker????? nobody i know did because ewww rag desh :smile: hope you all did good <3
I was so happy about Mozart being an essay question! There were some weird questions on that paper, like the tonality one for Handel (I put A and B major) and for the * I said it meant to take the sustain pedal off since I'm a pianist!
There was quite a few questions I had to guess...I either forgot what the answer was or run out of time with the extract! Hoping for lower grade boundaries. Does anyone have an unnofficial mark scheme?
Reply 9
Original post by Angelbabe

IKRrrr!!! I really wanted grace to be in the paper.
Reply 10
Original post by ellie1652
i thought the exam was ok, i know i got the question in chopin about the * wrong as i didn't know what it was but the rest of it wasn't horrific (looking at previous papers it could have been soo much worse), i'm sooo glad that grace and electric counterpoint didn't come up because i like the pieces but i find they're usually quite hrd short questions. did anyone actually do rag desh for the 12 marker????? nobody i know did because ewww rag desh :smile: hope you all did good <3

Thank you!! I hope u do well too!!! Whoever did rag desh for section b are crazy!!!
Reply 11
I think the grade boundaries will be similar to last years and maybe even higher as most years it goes up. Chopin and Bernstein (something is comming) was the most challenging out of all the question imo.
i was really glad Mozart came up as the essay cause that was the main one i revised i think the Handel questions was probably my favorite but i found the last few questions quite tricky. i hope the grade boundaries are a bit lower than last year because in my mock i got 70% but my teacher said i just scraped a B and i don't know if i did as well as my mock. hope everyone else found it good :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending