The Student Room Group

Can I withdraw from a gcse exam? (Edexcel )

Can I pull out of a exam so that no grade appears on my report?
(I didn't do the exam n i didn't do the coursework either.)
Reply 1
Original post by cotton candie

The grade will still show up on your report. Since you didn't do the exam or coursework, the grade will be a U

If you want to reimburse your school for the entrance fee then yes, otherwise you'll get an X grade for non-attendance.

Original post by Sasha3D
The grade will still show up on your report. Since you didn't do the exam or coursework, the grade will be a U
It will be an X, not a U. A U is either awarded when there is content written that does not meet the requirements for an E grade, or when nothing is written on the paper but the student was present for the exam. An X grade is given for non-attendance.
(edited 6 years ago)
Can I not take it completely off my result? Is there a way?
Reply 4
Ah, I thought it was a U. Thanks :smile:

You need to ask the exams officer at your school if they would be willing to withdraw you, then it wouldn't appear at all on any statement of results or certificate. They would only be willing to do this if you paid them back the entrance fee as otherwise they'd have spent money for no reason, it's too late to get a refund. The fees list below is from OCR, but the other exam boards charge around the same: http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/315257-fees-list-2016-17.pdf
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6

Unfortunately not. I tried with my Geography but there was no chance for it to be removed. Are the exams from optional subjects?
Original post by Glassapple
You need to ask the exams officer at your school if they would be willing to withdraw you, then it wouldn't appear at all on any statement of results or certificate. They would only be willing to do this if you paid them back the entrance fee as otherwise they'd have spent money for no reason, it's too late to get a refund. The fees list below is from OCR, but the other exam boards charge around the same: http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/315257-fees-list-2016-17.pdf

Thanks!
Yes I did pay the examination fee.
Original post by Sasha3D
Unfortunately not. I tried with my Geography but there was no chance for it to be removed. Are the exams from optional subjects?

Yes its an optional subject
Original post by Sasha3D

Oh!
Is it cause the school was unwilling to do it?
Thanks!
Yes I did pay the examination fee.N its alright if I don't get it back.

You're welcome. It should be fine for you to withdraw from the exam, providing you're sincere with the exams officer that it's what you really want to do. I'd suggest putting it very briefly in writing, stating who you are, what you want to do and signing it, so they can be confident you won't try to say they did it without your permission.
(edited 6 years ago)
It's not too late for the centre to withdraw you- talk to the exams officer.
Reply 12
Oh!
Is it cause the school was unwilling to do it?

Most probably. I think it depends what school you are attending

Quick Reply

Latest