The Student Room Group

Spanish GCSE EDEXCEL Writing Exam - 2023

Hello everyone! I have searched high and low for a forum regarding the Edexcel Spanish GCSE but I cannot find one for the life of me. I'm uncertain whether it is an uncommon choice of exam board, but regardless I wanted to create a space to talk about the upcoming/past papers. How did everybody find the reading/listening exam? I'm happy to provide the answers for the reading (I don't have the audio file for the listening). I also have several flash card sets I've created for the writing exam which might be useful to anyone who wants them. Can anyone share any tips/resources? It would be appreciated as I want to get a grade 6 atleast and I can't allow this exam to be the one to drag me down when the others have turned out well. Thank you!! \(*-*)/
Reply 2
Does anybody have any flashcards for subject vocabulary, particularly on health/environment?
Original post by K.online.
Does anybody have any flashcards for subject vocabulary, particularly on health/environment?

I do Edexcel GCSE as well, and you can find all of the vocabulary from modules 1-8 here:
https://quizlet.com/Alexander_Ferguson5/folders/viva-gcse-modules-1-8/sets

Good luck!
Reply 4
Original post by Light of Truth
I do Edexcel GCSE as well, and you can find all of the vocabulary from modules 1-8 here:
https://quizlet.com/Alexander_Ferguson5/folders/viva-gcse-modules-1-8/sets

Good luck!

Thank you for this! You're saving my grade! Good luck with your exam!
Reply 5
I’m glad you’ve created this discussion i’ve been waiting for it!
I thought the reading and listening were good papers so I’m optimistic for the writing.
This is my a set of my fav words to use in writing

https://quizlet.com/gb/760275767/spanish-writing-phrases-flash-cards/?i=2il53o&x=1jqY
Good luck in the writing!
can u send the reading answers please
Hello everyone! I have searched high and low for a forum regarding the Edexcel Spanish GCSE but I cannot find one for the life of me. I'm uncertain whether it is an uncommon choice of exam board, but regardless I wanted to create a space to talk about the upcoming/past papers. How did everybody find the reading/listening exam? I'm happy to provide the answers for the reading (I don't have the audio file for the listening). I also have several flash card sets I've created for the writing exam which might be useful to anyone who wants them. Can anyone share any tips/resources? It would be appreciated as I want to get a grade 6 atleast and I can't allow this exam to be the one to drag me down when the others have turned out well. Thank you!! \(*-*)/

hi, can you send the answers to the reading please
Reply 8
Does anyone know if there's a specific structure for an article for the writing question like there is for letters? Or is it basically writing freely based on the bullet points? Thanks! :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by chrryblsm
I’m glad you’ve created this discussion i’ve been waiting for it!
I thought the reading and listening were good papers so I’m optimistic for the writing.
This is my a set of my fav words to use in writing

https://quizlet.com/gb/760275767/spanish-writing-phrases-flash-cards/?i=2il53o&x=1jqY
Good luck in the writing!

I also feel optimistic for the writing! Thank you very much for getting back to me with some resources. I'll make sure to have a look at them later. Good luck for your exam today!! Let's just hope it's as much of a blessing as the other exams have been.
Reply 10
Original post by hello-099876
hi, can you send the answers to the reading please

I'll post them tomorrow. I would tonight but it's a double exam day and I'll be absolutely exhausted no doubt. Good luck with the writing exam today!
Reply 11
Original post by AD1010
Does anyone know if there's a specific structure for an article for the writing question like there is for letters? Or is it basically writing freely based on the bullet points? Thanks! :smile:

There is choice of 90 word questions with four bullet points. I'd dedicate atleast three extensive sentences to each bullet point. You only need to pick ONE you think you can answer well. Then there's a choice of a few 150 word questions where you should write about four extensive sentences for each of the four bullet points. Lastly, there's a translation question from English into Spanish. Good luck with the writing exam!
Reply 12
how did everyone find it?
Reply 13
Original post by chrryblsm
how did everyone find it?

The exam went well, thank you. For question 1 I discussed the one talking about learning new languages, and for the second the one about school/rules. How did you feel towards the exam? Is there anything you found particularly difficult?
Reply 14
The exam went well, thank you. For question 1 I discussed the one talking about learning new languages, and for the second the one about school/rules. How did you feel towards the exam? Is there anything you found particularly difficult?

im glad it went well for you! it went okay for me, i kinda freaked out since i didnt really like the longer task and i had to rewrite one of my paragraphs for it bc i answered it wrong at first :// i still managed to complete it though and im just hoping my verbs were correct since i think my communication was fine but i honestly dont know what to expect lol. all the best for results day!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest