The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aspiringscorpio
Hi I'm applying for 2019 entry too, I was wondering if anyone has chosen some of the uni's that they want to apply to

Cambridge,Edinburgh,UCL,Manchester
Hi I'm applying for 2019 entry too, I was wondering if anyone has chosen some of the uni's that they want to apply to

Newcastle both 4 year and 5 year , kings and Warwick
Those are great uni's😊 I'm applying to Oxford/Cambridge (haven't decided yet), imperial and ucl so far

I'm still trying to decide my 4th and 5th choices

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)
Jheeeeeeeeeez you guys start early. I didn't even decide I was going to apply to medicine until half way through AS lmao. If you got any questions holla at me, I'm a 2nd year medical student at Cambridge. Best of luck to you all.

All for GEM:

King's and SGUL definitely.
Newcastle and Southampton most likely.
Reply 45
What extra-curricular's have you guys been doing/going to do? :smile:
Those are great uni's😊 I'm applying to Oxford/Cambridge (haven't decided yet), imperial and ucl so far

I'm still trying to decide my 4th and 5th choices

So literally all BMAT unis.

And you only have 4 choices for medicine, in case you didn't know.
Original post by Saralal_

I've only been involved in debating competitions but I will be volunteering at a special child school I've also arrange for me to shadow a doctor, sit in with a gp and also shadow an A&E doctor. What about you?
Yeah I'm aware, I'm still trying to make up my mind (since I have like over a year) but these are the ones that have caught my eye at the moment.

Ucl will probably change. But imperial and one between Cambridge and Oxford are definite

Edit: My other 2 choices will depend on my ukcat score next year.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 49
I am applying for dentistry 2018, however I'm studying in London but doing IB not Alevels :smile:
Reply 50
Original post by Immunology
Jheeeeeeeeeez you guys start early. I didn't even decide I was going to apply to medicine until half way through AS lmao. If you got any questions holla at me, I'm a 2nd year medical student at Cambridge. Best of luck to you all.

Did you do GEM?
Original post by SA-1
Did you do GEM?

Nope - I'm only 19.
Reply 52
Original post by Immunology
Nope - I'm only 19.

Well done, man.

Newcastle, Glassgow, BSMS, definitely, and err maybe KCL. Decided should give BMAT a shot.

Original post by Saralal_

At the moment, nothing lol. Butt, in January i'm off to Ghana for 8 weeks to volunteer as a school teacher. Also will be going to tanzania, volunteering at a hospital for a week shadowing doctors. I'm hoping to gain some shadowing at hospitals & GP's over here to broaden my application. And of-course may volunteer in care homes.

That it at the moment.
3rd year at Cardiff med school here.

Just wishing all of you guys getting your GCSE results tomorrow the best of luck :crossedf::crossedf:

Remember you DO NOT need straight A*s/As to be considered for a degree in medicine!
Original post by Natalierm2707
3rd year at Cardiff med school here.

Just wishing all of you guys getting your GCSE results tomorrow the best of luck :crossedf::crossedf:

Remember you DO NOT need straight A*s/As to be considered for a degree in medicine!

Thanks for that. However what are your stats?
Original post by drapplepilot
Just don't want others to worry like I did after GCSEs about admission tests even though they would be like more than a year away. I've started making physics notes because I can't remember a thing from GCSE physics. Soon I'm going to be using questions from the 700q bmat book,questions from bmat ninja (though I'm not sure if it going to be same as past questions), tsa and bmat past papers. I'm aiming to write as many essays as possible because that is going to be my weak point. This is all spread out until November so I'm not cramming and doing just enough each day.

You might want to check out my Physics formula summary for the BMAT. Double check that you know all these formulas and can apply them and you'll be fine:
masumahjannah.wordpress.com/bmat-physics-formulas
Hey everyone,

You all will probably be focussing on trying to get all the right work experience now in order go apply for Medicine. One thing I learnt from applying for Medicine last year is that some medical schools don't like the idea of 'shadowing'. You should be careful that the experience you're getting is a little broader than just shadowing. I've written a post about why shadowing isn't the most ideal and other types of experience that would be preferred. Have a read of it here:
masumahjannah.wordpress.com/work-shadowing-why-do-some-medical-schools-disregard-it
I thought I would make a Medicine 2019 Entry as can't find one. Great place to discuss different unis, Ukcat ect. I have done a lot of research, so for anyone unsure on anything, please ask.

My stats for the moment:
GCSE: 3A*,7As,B
Work Experience: Care home, Volunteering at food bank, 1 week GP, Radiology open day, Mental health project - producer.

PS. don't worry about different unis, or studying for UKCAT at the moment. Pay all attention to A-level, and getting the best prediction you can
Im in the same boat except my gcses arent as good as yours. why are you taking a gap year tho?

Latest

Trending

Trending