The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes Freshers Megathread 2017!

🎉🎉🎉🎉Congrats to those that are going to your university! 🎉🎉🎉🎉

You can use this thread to say hello to fellow students and discuss how excited you are to begin your fantastic journey!

Have a chat, meet fellow future students, ask a question, or just send your fav GIF about getting into your uni!
This thread is yours, take it away

Scroll to see replies

Hello fellow freshers!
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 2
aaay lmao
anyone know where we can find info on events happening during freshers week?
Original post by fionnghualah

Hiya

You can check out the events that Brookes Union is running here and on the Official Freshers' Facebook group, and find out all about your subject sessions and induction activities on our new student webpages. Make sure you follow Oxford Brookes and Brookes Union on Facebook or Twitter for the most up to date info!

Give me a shout if you have any more questions :smile:

Alice
Reply 5
hey, do we need to apply for the bus pass if we are living in the halls e.g. clive booth ? Or, do I get i automatically when I arrive?
Original post by Matthoow
hey, do we need to apply for the bus pass if we are living in the halls e.g. clive booth ? Or, do I get i automatically when I arrive?

You need to apply online. Link should be on PIP.
Reply 7
Original post by Kandiman

Cheers!

Hi Matthoow

great to hear you're coming to Brookes soon! You can find out how to apply for a BROOKESKey travel pass in the new students section of our website.

We look forward to welcoming you here. :smile:

Emma

There are a lot of unofficial events happening during Freshers' week, too, that aren't on the Brookes SU page. Some look better than the official offerings to me, if only because they don't want £75 to get in!

I can probably knock up a list, given time.
There are a lot of unofficial events happening during Freshers' week, too, that aren't on the Brookes SU page. Some look better than the official offerings to me, if only because they don't want £75 to get in!

I can probably knock up a list, given time.

I was thinking more stuff on during the day because I don't drink RIP

my condolences :biggrin:
Original post by Matthoow
my condolences :biggrin:

Don't worry, I'm quite okay with it (:

Stuff on during the day? Fresher's fair is on the 22nd, not sure about any other day stuff. I don't drink either, though, so if I see anything listed around town that catches my eye, I can let you know.

Are you looking for anything in particular?
Stuff on during the day? Fresher's fair is on the 22nd, not sure about any other day stuff. I don't drink either, though, so if I see anything listed around town that catches my eye, I can let you know.

Are you looking for anything in particular?

not really, I've just heard from people that go to other unis that they have other stuff on during fresher's week other than the usual.
not really, I've just heard from people that go to other unis that they have other stuff on during fresher's week other than the usual.

Everything I've seen announced so far is club nights, basically. There's nothing special on in the daytime that doesn't happen all year round though, that I know of. That said, I know the city fairly well having lived here most of my life. I'd be happy to give you a guided tour if there's nothing else happening :-)
Everything I've seen announced so far is club nights, basically. There's nothing special on in the daytime that doesn't happen all year round though, that I know of. That said, I know the city fairly well having lived here most of my life. I'd be happy to give you a guided tour if there's nothing else happening :-)

do you happen to know of any good vegan places in oxford?
do you happen to know of any good vegan places in oxford?

I do. The Gardeners Arms on Plantation Road in Jericho :-) Everyone who goes there raves about it!
@fionnghualah I just looked into it and there's an open air cinema thing on the 24th at 18:00. It's not daytime, but it seems to be the only event on (excepting the halls welcome parties) that doesn't completely revolve around a theme of "let's get paralytic!"
@fionnghualah I just looked into it and there's an open air cinema thing on the 24th at 18:00. It's not daytime, but it seems to be the only event on (excepting the halls welcome parties) that doesn't completely revolve around a theme of "let's get paralytic!"

Hi Kandiman and @fionnghualah

Here are some alcohol-free and daytime events for you to take a look at:

- Welcome to Brookes community events this Saturday and Sunday including a free BBQ (no alcohol) on Saturday at 6pm in the John Henry Brookes building
- a walking tour of Oxford on Wednesday 20 September
- Brookes Sport Freshers' fair Wednesday 20 September
- ice skating disco on Thursday 21 September
- Freshers' Fair Friday 22 September
- open air cinema on Sunday 24 September
- our Multifaith Chaplaincy is running events all week

I hope you find something you like!
We look forward to welcoming you here. Not long now!

Emma

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending