The Student Room Group

Business Extended Essay Idea

Closed Discussion
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by CatalinaC_
I am going to do my EE in Business, however I have had a lot of struggles while selecting the topic and question. After the last meeting with my supervisor I determined this to be my RQ:

How could Starbucks change their social responsibility practices to avoid further/worst repercussions of the maternity leave controversy?

However, I am concerned that this question is too hypothethical and I don't know if is is appropriate. Any advice please!!

Staarbucks is a multinational company. Maternity leave policies are very different in different countries. You'll need to show where you're writing about, as otherwise your recommendations could conflict with laws in other countries. You're probably just talking about the US, but your question doesn't distinguish this and means Starbucks as a whole company.

You might also find that your question goes further than you want it to. The legal minimum in the US is 12 weeks unpaid, and many other companies will have similar policies to Starbucks. You'll need to discuss why Starbucks is getting all the negative press covfefe when they're just doing the same as everyone else.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending