The Student Room Group

Are those who attend imperial far more academically superior than those at oxbridge

I have seen on TSR alot that those who go to imperial are far more academically superior to those who go to oxbridge
Is this true or not

Scroll to see replies

Original post by luke650
I have seen on TSR alot that those who go to imperial are far more academically superior to those who go to oxbridge
Is this true or not

No
which do you attend ?

:holmes:
Reply 3
Original post by the bear
which do you attend ?

:holmes:

neither I am applying to unis this year :smile:
tbh i would feel uncomfortable at an institution named after the Empire :dontknow:
Reply 5
tbh i would feel uncomfortable at an institution named after the Empire :dontknow:

it is only a name though
:O i dont get why users on here would be so adamant to think that this was true
Reply 6
Original post by D3LLI5
No

why would you say no
I would say they are pretty much the same.
Many people at imperial are those the didnt get into Oxbridge. But still, not a bad place to end up.
Original post by luke650
it is only a name though
:O i dont get why users on here would be so adamant to think that this was true

you might as well call it Plantation College

smh
both unis are probably on the same level
Original post by luke650

Can you point to even one example of where this was said?
Reply 11
Original post by Cravez
I would say they are pretty much the same.
Many people at imperial are those the didnt get into Oxbridge. But still, not a bad place to end up.

yeah both are really good unis and ive heard that apparently students who didnt get into imperial go to oxbridge
Reply 12
Original post by Palmyra
Can you point to even one example of where this was said?

there has been a lot of users who have said this on several threads
Reply 13
you might as well call it Plantation College

smh

😂😂😂😂😂
Original post by luke650
there has been a lot of users who have said this on several threads

I'll settle for one example. Just one.
Original post by luke650
Is this true or not

It's unequivocally true that Imperial is far better than both Oxford and Cambridge combined; it's at least worth 3 LSEs or 4 UCLs
Original post by Palmyra
I'll settle for one example. Just one.

Look at mine 😂
Original post by luke650
Is this true or not

Nah.

Imperial like to see themselves as the MIT of Europe but Oxford or Cambridge like to see themselves as the Oxford or Cambridge of the world.

Although, Imperial is a good College, it is no way on par with Oxbridge. :wink:
There's maybe some discrepancies and the fact that Imperial is focused on STEM may give it a slight edge but there's not enough evidence to conclude anything of the sort.

In fact, Oxbridge's application process is far more rigorous and thorough which really means it equals out
Original post by itsfantanoo
There's maybe some discrepancies and the fact that Imperial is focused on STEM may give it a slight edge but there's not enough evidence to conclude anything of the sort.

In fact, Oxbridge's application process is far more rigorous and thorough which really means it equals out

In what way? Imperial has interviews, entrance exams?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending