The Student Room Group

Specific Latent Heat Help!

Attached to the link below are 4 questions. I’ve got the answers for the first two but I’m not sure whether they’re right. Can you answer all 4 questions please with a detailed explanation.
Original post by mdmdwwdwdwd
Attached to the link below are 4 questions. I’ve got the answers for the first two but I’m not sure whether they’re right. Can you answer all 4 questions please with a detailed explanation.

a) what link
b) do your own homework
7AA3DF9B-E274-44DA-8E06-D953B1863F5F.jpg
Original post by ebickers
a) what link
b) do your own homework

I just attached it now.
How can I if I don’t understand, I need a bit of help
I just attached it now.
How can I if I don’t understand, I need a bit of help

Ok, sorry - here's a bit of help:

Specific Latent Heat is measured in J/kg which literally means J divided by kg which is Energy divided by Mass

So SLH = E / m

Use that equation for the questions and literally type it into your calculator!

Specific Latent Heat is measured in J/kg which literally means J divided by kg which is Energy divided by Mass

So SLH = E / m

Thank you!

So SLH = E / m

I’ve done Questions 1&2 but don’t know 3 and 4. If you can help I would appreciate it, but then again ok just ask my teacher for help if no one knows🤷*♂️
I’ve done Questions 1&2 but don’t know 3 and 4. If you can help I would appreciate it, but then again ok just ask my teacher for help if no one knows🤷*♂️

Lemme have a look....

Okay so with 3 a and b just rearrange the equation to get energy and use that but for 4 i'm sorry i'm lost!! - what year are you in btw?
Okay so with 3 a and b just rearrange the equation to get energy and use that but for 4 i'm sorry i'm lost!! - what year are you in btw?

Year 9, but teacher said that the questions are grade 8; I go to Grammar School btw
Year 9, but teacher said that the questions are grade 8; I go to Grammar School btw

okay that makes sense because i am in year 10 but did SLH in year 9 - tbf if we tried really hard and put our heads together on the last question we might crack it! - Check with other friends/classmates - I find that really helps me when i'm stuck with homework.
If all else fails - i mean... there is Google!!!
okay that makes sense because i am in year 10 but did SLH in year 9 - tbf if we tried really hard and put our heads together on the last question we might crack it! - Check with other friends/classmates - I find that really helps me when i'm stuck with homework.
If all else fails - i mean... there is Google!!!

Thanks and also do you have tests for the summary. Are the tests from example?
Thanks and also do you have tests for the summary. Are the tests from example?

Yes the tests are from example for the summary - i take it you mean summary test like an end of topic test. If you mean the summary you write after an experiment - you just explain what happened in your experiment and what went wrong/what should have happened etc.

Quick Reply

Latest