The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 (Higher Tier triple) 8463/1H - 25th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 Higher Tier triple exam go?

AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 (Higher Tier separate science) 8463/1H - 25th May 2023 [Exam Chat]
Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Also, check out our article of student reactions to the exam - your comments on this thread might be on there!

Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

This thread is for triple science and not combined science

General Information
Date/Time: 25th May 2023
Length: 1hr 45 mins

Resources
https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/science/gcse/physics-8463
https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/physics/AQA-8463-ES-INS-JUN23.PDF
If you're doing combined science higher tier you can find the thread here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7340795.

Well done to everyone finishing this exam today :smile:
(edited 10 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Lets go. Physics paper 1 soon.
Original post by DnBfan123
Lets go. Physics paper 1 soon.
in just over 2 weeks now
Reply 3
yo are there any equations that we are supposed to know and are not on the formula sheet? :groovy:
Original post by greenthing
yo are there any equations that we are supposed to know and are not on the formula sheet? :groovy:
I think that the formula sheet contains all of the equations this year but I could be wrong.
Does AQA GCSE Physics higher get all the equations needed in 2023?????
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by ThatBlondeBarbie

For triple science?
Original post by Talkative Toad
For triple science?

Yh
Yh

there's a thread for this qualification here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7340789

The answer to your question is yes i think.

yes we are given all equations, but i would recommend learning units
Original post by greenthing

no :smile:
Reply 11
yeah man
Reply 12
any predictions?
Reply 13
im kinda lost what all might come on the paper 1 what do you guys think??
Reply 14
Convection currents certainly has a possibility of coming up, in my opinion. Furthermore, I think static electricity and resistance questions come up in majority of questions, as well as energy transfers (specifically between kinetic energy/gpe). I don't think predictions are the best to go by, so just keep revising the spec until tomorrow comes. There is bound to be something on changing state too (potentially a graph) and maybe even a specific heat capacity practical. Maybe (?) a graph representing diodes or something, since I haven't seen that come up in my prior mocks. Good luck!
I haven’t even started revising for physics and our exam on on the 25th can I even cover everything by that time. I did really badly in both of my papers is there a change that I can get a 6
Reply 16
Original post by suzy23
I haven’t even started revising for physics and our exam on on the 25th can I even cover everything by that time. I did really badly in both of my papers is there a change that I can get a 6

i think you can get many marks for the maths itself as the equations are also given. I just started today so i am just going through some videos right now that might help and then i am going to go through physics and maths tutor notes and flashcards and then tomorrow ill just do exam questions and stuff. im not sure if that helps but yeah. good luck
Just added a few different conversation into the main exam chat to help you find each other :smile:

Best of luck with your exams guys!
Original post by hms677
i think you can get many marks for the maths itself as the equations are also given. I just started today so i am just going through some videos right now that might help and then i am going to go through physics and maths tutor notes and flashcards and then tomorrow ill just do exam questions and stuff. im not sure if that helps but yeah. good luck

I think I have done pretty badly on both biology and chemistry and probably only got 20 marks in each paper do you know how many more marks are needed for a grade 6 or 7. What method do you think is faster for revising so going onto free science lessons and making notes and then going onto GCSE maths tutor and doing flashcards and notes and then exam style questions or doing look cover right check with the CGP books and then past papers, flashcards and exam style questions. Let’s say I do better on paper 2 than paper 1 can I get an overall grade of a 7-7
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 19
Original post by suzy23
I think I have done pretty badly on both biology and chemistry and probably only got 20 marks in each paper do you know how many more marks are needed for a grade 6 or 7. What method do you think is faster for revising so going onto free science lessons and making notes and then going onto GCSE maths tutor and doing flashcards and notes and then exam style questions or doing look cover right check with the CGP books and then past papers, flashcards and exam style questions. Let’s say I do better on paper 2 than paper 1 can I get an overall grade of a 7-7

First piece of advise. STOP TAKING NOTES!! They are incredibly time consuming at this point, and a lot of this should be knowledge you have previously been taught. It's only going to drag you behind. Read the GCP books. If you understand a topic/page, don't look at it again. Accept that you know what there is to know. If you don't understand, or don't feel very confident, you can watch a video (Cognitio, freesciencelessons etc) on the subject. There's not much more to it. M&PTutor or Quizlet flashcards are okay, but they won't really give you any extensive information, which you need for exam questions. At best, they give you some subject terminology. You should only fall on those if you need to remember some key phrases. Otherwise, just keep watching past paper walk throughs or looking at the mark scheme. Stop writing! Please! You should only ever write to memorise quotes or language phrases in my honest opinion. You can do look, cover, write, check for practicals if you must.
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending