The Student Room Group

Is asset management for me?

The job description of asset management seems very appealing and I am hoping to get spring weeks experience with it (even though it seems impossible) but it is hard to find concrete information about this career. What are hours like? And how good is the salary? Finally, is the future prospects of burgeoning workers good? I feel like I have a future in the finance industry but I am struggling to perfectly pin down a certain role which I woulod want or even sector to work in (hedge funds and sales and trading are options too but the hours are throwing me off)
Investment Banking and Asset Managment might not be for you. They work hard to get things done, and will go out of their way to get whatever they need. Your too lazy to complete a few simple internet searches. Have a think about it.
Reply 2
Original post by Intel_Imperator
Investment Banking and Asset Managment might not be for you. They work hard to get things done, and will go out of their way to get whatever they need. Your too lazy to complete a few simple internet searches. Have a think about it.

I'm not too lazy to do the searches and that is very disrespectful. The information online is very hazy and variable and it would be better to get an insider's knowledge rather than the figures quoted by newspapers. There's no need to be rude
Original post by dakofsta
I'm not too lazy to do the searches and that is very disrespectful. The information online is very hazy and variable and it would be better to get an insider's knowledge rather than the figures quoted by newspapers. There's no need to be rude

Alright then,

Go visit our Investment Banking forums, there will be hundreds of people with insider knowledge. Be advised, this is a student room, full of students, not M.D's at JP Morgan.
Reply 4
Original post by Intel_Imperator
Alright then,

Go visit our Investment Banking forums, there will be hundreds of people with insider knowledge. Be advised, this is a student room, full of students, not M.D's at JP Morgan.

Maybe I misspoke. I didn't mean insider knowledge, just the knowledge that more researched individuals would have

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending