The Student Room Group

How about LSE Statistics vs Accounting vs Quantitative Methods for Risk Management

Hello, I have considered which course is suitable for me. but it is so hard for me just checking website about the course. Can you guys give me some advice?

I worked at front office(equity) in Asset Management for 5 years.(major Econ) My objectives is to get study experience in London. I have select rest of university, these are the only two choice left. I also know LSE is good for MSC econ but, in my conditions i need to decide between these options.

Can you give me some image and reputation, good or bad something like that about below options?

LSE
MSc Accounting, Organisations and Institutions
MSc Statistics (Financial Statistics)
MSc Quantitative Methods for Risk Management
Reply 1
I'm leaning more towards the MSc In Statistics (Financial Statistics). I feel it is the one that will give the widest breadth and options for the future, whether you want to remain in IB or move into Accounting. MSc Quants. sounds too narrow and the MSc Accounting et al is neither here nor there, also does the MSc in Statistics not have modules that cover things like Risk Management? you may find that it's covered.
Original post by Makro
I'm leaning more towards the MSc In Statistics (Financial Statistics). I feel it is the one that will give the widest breadth and options for the future, whether you want to remain in IB or move into Accounting. MSc Quants. sounds too narrow and the MSc Accounting et al is neither here nor there, also does the MSc in Statistics not have modules that cover things like Risk Management? you may find that it's covered.

Thanks, wise man
Also, are you considering (Research) course for 12months program or 9 months programs?

Is there any difference after graduation?

Original post by Makro

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending