The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by allie.moe
Im in the same boat except my gcses arent as good as yours. why are you taking a gap year tho?

I'm not taking a gap year. Why would you think that. I am currently in year 12 (as only have gcse results) and that would mean would apply for 2019 entry
Original post by 00sevenmagic
I'm not taking a gap year. Why would you think that. I am currently in year 12 (as only have gcse results) and that would mean would apply for 2019 entry

Are multiple people using your account? Because earlier you posted asking where to apply this year (with UKCAT score in hand) and prior to that you'd been asking about dentistry.
Original post by ForestCat
Are multiple people using your account? Because earlier you posted asking where to apply this year (with UKCAT score in hand) and prior to that you'd been asking about dentistry.

lol yeah, some friends. Been posting for them. Good detective skills
oh sorry my bad :P idk why i assumed that
Hey, which all Uni for Medicine 2019 entry accept Chemistry, Physics and Maths A levels? Anyone:wings::wings::wings::wings::wings:
Wait, if you're in year 12 now you're applying in 2018 right?
Original post by aspiringscorpio

Ah ok thanks. So what month do you apply in of year 13?
Im in year 13 now - applying with a gap year

you apply in the october of year 13 - the UCAS application deadline for medicine is usually around the 15th of October
You apply before 15th of October 2018 for 2019 entry into medicine, sorry I think I must have misread your initial question
Original post by aspiringscorpio
You apply before 15th of October 2018 for 2019 entry into medicine, sorry I think I must have misread your initial question

Original post by djdubzzy
Im in year 13 now - applying with a gap year

you apply in the october of year 13 - the UCAS application deadline for medicine is usually around the 15th of October

Oh ok, so I'm applying next year but its for the 2019 entry. Makes sense. Thanks guys.
Same! I'm applying for GEM. Where are you applying?
Reply 72
I've applied this year but I know I have a low chance of getting in, so I am already planning to apply for 2019 entry lol. Anyone else in the same position as me?
Reply 73
Hi guys - also applying for 2019 entry and just completed some work experience in two hospitals in London including vascular surgery in St Marys which was incredible. Is anyone going to POTMED at Imperial? I recently attended the carpe diem scholar medicine taster course which was absolutely awesome and would definitely recommend to get a better idea of medicine at uni.
Hiya, im in year 11 at the moment and I'm having a hard time choosing a levels. I wanna do medicine and also my school are making us do 3 a levels. SO... I'm planning to do them and biology but i don't really wanna do maths. Is maths really compulsory for medicine at most uni's???
Original post by Ranaik06
Hiya, im in year 11 at the moment and I'm having a hard time choosing a levels. I wanna do medicine and also my school are making us do 3 a levels. SO... I'm planning to do them and biology but i don't really wanna do maths. Is maths really compulsory for medicine at most uni's???

No, it isn't. But do your research.
Hi guys.. This thread is for 2019 intake right? Applications to be sent in 2018?
Applying in 2018 to start in 2019
Thanks!!

I have this really stupid question ..
I got 7A* 4As 1B in my O Levels.. Got an A in Bio and Physics. Now people in my school are discouraging me from even applying since I am an international applicant and its gonna hurt my chances or something..

Whats ur take on this?
Reply 79
Yep, I got a low ukcat. I’m applying for graduate entry. Is it your first time?

Latest

Trending

Trending