The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London

University of Greenwich 2018 Applicants Thread

Are you looking to study at The University of Greenwich in 2018? :smartass:

If that is a yes then this is your chance to speak to other potential students and to get your questions answered!

You can answer the below questions to get the conversation started:

What course have you applied to?
Will you be moving away or staying at home?
Any questions that you would like to ask the Student Recruitment team?

Good luck with your applications!
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi, im planning on apply to Uni of Greenwich for a degree in Marketing Management with language, i will be an international student and was wondering what the acceptance rate of this uni is?
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London
Also! When is the application deadline?
Original post by fazilatabdul
Also! When is the application deadline?

Hello!

That's great to hear that you are looking into studying with us!

We do not have an official acceptance rate. Every application is considered on an individual basis to make an appropriate decision.

Are you looking at undergraduate or postgraduate study?

If you are applying through UCAS the application deadline is the 15th January 2018.

Katie :rave:
Hello,I had an interview on the 15th November and hoping to study as an undergraduate starting in September, how long till we find out if we get accepted?
Original post by laura-roberts18
Hello,I had an interview on the 15th November and hoping to study as an undergraduate starting in September, how long till we find out if we get accepted?

Hey Laura!

What programme was your interview for?

For specific details you can contact the UK Student Recruitment team directly at [email protected] or call 020 8331 9000.

Original post by UniofGreenwich
Are you looking to study at The University of Greenwich in 2018? :smartass:

If that is a yes the this is your chance to speak to other potential students and to get your questions answered!

You can answer the below questions to get the conversation started:

What course have you applied to?
Will you be moving away or staying at home?
Any questions that you would like to ask the Student Recruitment team?

Good luck with your applications!

hi i dont know what date to put as the start of term for my fee assessment?
Original post by student12345678k
hi i dont know what date to put as the start of term for my fee assessment?

Hey!

If you are starting your studies in January it will be 01/2018.
If you are starting your studies in September it will be 09/2018.

I'm applying for psychology
(edited 6 years ago)
I received a conditional offer yesterday for the Bsc Paramedic Science at Avery Hill for Sept 2018! Absolutely over the moon! Anyone else hoping to do the same course or have received an offer? Let me know I’d love to start a Facebook group or something! :-)
i received a conditional offer for BA (Hons) Primary Education Yesterday for Sept 2018! Anyone one else doing the same course?
Original post by ILuvFood1234
I'm applying for psychology

Hey!

That's great to hear that you're considering applying to study Psychology with us!

If you have any questions about the course, our student ambassadors that study Psychology will be happy to advise.

Original post by jade_1746
I received a conditional offer yesterday for the Bsc Paramedic Science at Avery Hill for Sept 2018! Absolutely over the moon! Anyone else hoping to do the same course or have received an offer? Let me know I’d love to start a Facebook group or something! :-)

Congratulations on your offer Jade!

We normally start an official Facebook group nearer to the start of the academic year. Creating your own Facebook will be a great chance for you to get chatting to your future course mates. :grouphugs:

Original post by laura-roberts18
i received a conditional offer for BA (Hons) Primary Education Yesterday for Sept 2018! Anyone one else doing the same course?

Congratulations on your offer Laura!:woo:

If you have any questions about the programme or the university you can ask us here!

Hi,

I'm thinking of applying for BA History and Politics with a possible work experience year too. I really like the look of the course and university, but I was just wondering where past students have worked during their sandwich year. Also, what is studying in greenwich like? is it expensive? would you say there's generally quite a community feel at the university?
I just firmed my conditional offer for studying Computer Science at the University of Greenwich for September 2018, I had a few questions, when applying via UCAS I did not get an option or course code to apply for the sandwhich year, is that something that could become available to me later on in the course or should I speak to someone to see if I can amend that?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Tobesomeone13
Hi,

I'm thinking of applying for BA History and Politics with a possible work experience year too. I really like the look of the course and university, but I was just wondering where past students have worked during their sandwich year. Also, what is studying in greenwich like? is it expensive? would you say there's generally quite a community feel at the university?

Hi there,

You're in luck as I myself was a history student at Greenwich and I'm currently working for the uni (which is how I'm writing this reply) while studying for my masters. I really recommend the course and I even took on a few politics modules throughout my degree so I can confidently say that it is worth the application.

So you can of course opt for the sandwich year in which you can either do Erasmus and work and/or study abroad or you can work in the UK for the year. But it is worth noting that you can also opt to do a placement in your final year instead of doing a dissertation so it would act as one of your modules. Some examples of what people have done in the past are working for a museum, a local archive, a local political organisation etc. You can do anything that you're interested in doing really because although they will offer you support and connections, it is up to you to secure the place. You then submit progress reports and do a final project write up at the end.

As of next year we have a new student hub opening up on campus and that is really going to increase the sense of community. Greenwich is quite a touristy place but there's a strong student presence as our library and our halls are spread throughout the town. It's a great place to study because you're moments away from the hustle and bustle of central London but also far enough out that it feels like its own unique place. The library is also brand new and I really rate the lecturers and the style of teaching. London in general is more expensive than the rest of the country but you quickly adapt to it. You get more student loan because of it and the university pays really well to all its student staff so it's well worth getting a job with them too and then you should be fine.

Hope that helps and hope to see you at Greenwich soon!

Lizzie :suith:
Original post by Erebus_C
I just firmed my conditional offer for studying Computer Science at the University of Greenwich for September 2018, I had a few questions, when applying via UCAS I did not get an option or course code to apply for the sandwhich year, is that something that could become available to me later on in the course or should I speak to someone to see if I can amend that?

Hello!

That's great to hear that you have made us your firm choice!

When you start your course you will be able to swap to the sandwich option. As the sandwich year isn't until the third year of the programme you will have plenty of time to change this.
:pcguru:

(edited 6 years ago)
Hi I have an offer for English Literature and was wondering if there are any applicant days?
Original post by Wanderlustxx
Hi I have an offer for English Literature and was wondering if there are any applicant days?

Congratulations on your offer!

We have an Applicants Day for the Literature, Languages and Theatre department on the 7th March 2018. You will be invited nearer to the time, but keep this date free in your diary!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending