The Student Room Group

International students transfer

I saw somewhere that if an international student studying in the UK wishes to transfer to another institution for a second/third year entry, they'll have to leave the UK to make a new visa application in order to get a new CAS. Is there any truth to this ? Has any international student been able to transfer universities, if so, what was your experience like ?
Original post by Ana444
I saw somewhere that if an international student studying in the UK wishes to transfer to another institution for a second/third year entry, they'll have to leave the UK to make a new visa application in order to get a new CAS. Is there any truth to this ? Has any international student been able to transfer universities, if so, what was your experience like ?

Hi Ana,

I am an international student from Malaysia, I transferred to Coventry University for a third year entry after completing my second year at the University of Greenwich. In my case, I completed my visa application in Malaysia before transferring from University of Greenwich to Coventry University, so I think you probably have to go back to your home country in order to get a new CAS. However, you can try speaking to your current university's admissions team as I am not sure whether my case if same as yours. You can also find out more here: How to Change University for International Students in the UK. Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Hau Wen (Howard)
Coventry University Student Ambassador
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 2
Email your new Uni admissions office and ask for advice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending