The Student Room Group

I failed and i feel awful

I failed my chemistry test and i feel awful. So far, i have excelled in my studies and i feel really bad. What shall i do to uplift myself and get out of this mindset.
Original post by sophia13
I failed my chemistry test and i feel awful. So far, i have excelled in my studies and i feel really bad. What shall i do to uplift myself and get out of this mindset.

Binge watch a series to forget a bit
Or if you’re feeling motivational, then make notes on all the areas where you made mistakes

Are you doing GCSE? One test won’t change everything if you’ve been consistently getting top marks in class. You can also see where you went wrong and do even better next time, as sometimes we need to fail in order to succeed :smile: I myself am such a perfectionist; one bad mark can really ruin my day but I just remind myself that I can do better in the next test, and one bad mark won’t ruin my record of top marks :smile:

Use that failure to work harder! I got a U in my chemistry GCSE mock in March. I got a B in my actual Chemistry GCSE. In just 2 months. You’ve got longer than that, it’s not too late to want to do better.
Use the failure as motivation. You can do it if you put the effort in, put more in, avoid feeling like you do now :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Imperial_Maniac
Use the failure as motivation. You can do it if you put the effort in, put more in, avoid feeling like you do now :smile:

Thankyou so much.
Reply 6
Original post by FloralHybrid
Use that failure to work harder! I got a U in my chemistry GCSE mock in March. I got a B in my actual Chemistry GCSE. In just 2 months. You’ve got longer than that, it’s not too late to want to do better.

Wow that's amazing. Thankyou
Wow that's amazing. Thankyou

The only that matters is your final grade - With a bit of revision you’ll be more than fine - Good luck!
Reply 8
Original post by okurr123
Are you doing GCSE? One test won’t change everything if you’ve been consistently getting top marks in class. You can also see where you went wrong and do even better next time, as sometimes we need to fail in order to succeed :smile: I myself am such a perfectionist; one bad mark can really ruin my day but I just remind myself that I can do better in the next test, and one bad mark won’t ruin my record of top marks :smile:

Thankyou. I can relate a lot.
Reply 9
Original post by coffee_bubbles
Binge watch a series to forget a bit
Or if you’re feeling motivational, then make notes on all the areas where you made mistakes

Thanks

Why do people usually get really low grade in mocks but then go on to get B/A/A* in real GCSEs?
It depends - Partially motivation, they’re more inclined to study hard for their final grades than they are a mock exam

And the idea that if you get a low grade in your mock but want to do well, you will therefore work harder as a result.
Use it as motivation! To suceed you have to make mistakes.
It depends - Partially motivation, they’re more inclined to study hard for their final grades than they are a mock exam

And the idea that if you get a low grade in your mock but want to do well, you will therefore work harder as a result.

Yh i guess you’re right...But to go from a U to a B is great!
Reply 14
What I do is tell myself that it’s better to fail now & learn from your mistakes Han to fail in the real exam. Use this as motivation to revise & study harder & this will more likely help you rather than hinder you

Good Luck for your GCSE’s
Reply 15
Original post by Sam.T.
What I do is tell myself that it’s better to fail now & learn from your mistakes Han to fail in the real exam. Use this as motivation to revise & study harder & this will more likely help you rather than hinder you

Good Luck for your GCSE’s

thanks
Not sure if you've seen Star Wars, but to quote Master Yoda “The greatest teacher, failure is.” :smile: Learn from your mistakes and use that failure as motivation to improve your grades! :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Toy Soldiers
Not sure if you've seen Star Wars, but to quote Master Yoda “The greatest teacher, failure is.” :smile: Learn from your mistakes and use that failure as motivation to improve your grades! :smile:

Thankyou and i love the quote.

Do corrections from that test and the thing to always remember is that never repeat the same mistake. "It's not a mistake to make a mistake, It's a mistake to repeat the same mistake". Learn from those mistakes and work harder and smarter for upcoming tests and exams.

Good Luck👍
Reply 19
Original post by ThePioneer
Do corrections from that test and the thing to always remember is that never repeat the same mistake. "It's not a mistake to make a mistake, It's a mistake to repeat the same mistake". Learn from those mistakes and work harder and smarter for upcoming tests and exams.

Good Luck👍

ok thanks for the advice

Quick Reply

Latest