The Student Room Group

How to cope with your hard work not paying off?

I just say the biology a level exam and it couldn't have gone much worse. I revised so hard for this exam and in my practice papers was getting Bs and As but I know what went awful. I couldn't think, I didn't understand the questions so it isnt a case of "maybe youve done better than you thought" because I genuinely have done awful, you just know.

Everyone else has found that pretty good, I'm trying to avoid the forums because they're just confirming my answers are wrong. I literally have done every past paper and AS paper and all the questions I could find, I revise for 6 - 8 hours a day and it is so sad to feel like all them hours have gone to waste...
I have 2 more papers but paper 1 is normally the one I do well in and paper 2 and 3 are normally not so good.. I am so worried I wont get into uni
Reply 1
Sorry to hear xx Forums are full of trolls and begs that want to feel smart, dont pay attention to them. The TSR population of students are just a handful across the country- don't let them make you feel like you've failed because you haven't from what it sounds like. A lot of students struggled with that paper, including me so just keep your head up for the next two and hope the grade boundaries will be low :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Student2011584
I just say the biology a level exam and it couldn't have gone much worse. I revised so hard for this exam and in my practice papers was getting Bs and As but I know what went awful. I couldn't think, I didn't understand the questions so it isnt a case of "maybe youve done better than you thought" because I genuinely have done awful, you just know.

Everyone else has found that pretty good, I'm trying to avoid the forums because they're just confirming my answers are wrong. I literally have done every past paper and AS paper and all the questions I could find, I revise for 6 - 8 hours a day and it is so sad to feel like all them hours have gone to waste...
I have 2 more papers but paper 1 is normally the one I do well in and paper 2 and 3 are normally not so good.. I am so worried I wont get into uni

Heya!
I understand that you're feeling disappointed and frustrated with your performance on the biology A-level exam despite your extensive preparation. It can be disheartening when your results don't align with your expectations, especially when you've dedicated a significant amount of time and effort to studying :frown: It's natural to worry about the impact on your university prospects. However, it's important to remember that one exam does not define your abilities or determine your entire future! Focus on the remaining papers, seek support if needed, and explore alternative pathways if necessary!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Thank you so much, I appreciate it

Original post by r.inio
Sorry to hear xx Forums are full of trolls and begs that want to feel smart, dont pay attention to them. The TSR population of students are just a handful across the country- don't let them make you feel like you've failed because you haven't from what it sounds like. A lot of students struggled with that paper, including me so just keep your head up for the next two and hope the grade boundaries will be low :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest