The Student Room Group

being autistic really sucks when talking to girls

i always end up talking about random stuff only im into, and i dont get when people arent interested
being autistic is a huge turn off for all girls, its over
Original post by turbo mogger
i always end up talking about random stuff only im into, and i dont get when people arent interested

You will find someone who will love you for you
Reply 2
I sense your despair. Even without autism getting the courage to speak to girls (& guys) and to find someone who gives you the time back can be such a huge issue. The opportunities are not always there but try and stay hopeful and positive if you can? If you have reached out to many girls and all contacts have failed then you are allowed to feel a little disheartened.

You have a lifetime to go anywhere and everywhere and to meet with anyone, to meet new people, build your confidence and your social skills.
It takes a lot of near misses and 'crash and burn' episodes before you find someone with whom you get the same vibes back. It can involve meeting an awful lot of girls in all different scenario's. When you meet someone, even if that interaction 'fails' you will learn something more about yourself. That is important. With all the billions of people on the planet you can be assured eventually, one day of finding that one person who finds you attractive in your own unique way. Usually this happens when you least expect it. You just have to keep 'putting yourself out there' grow a thick skin and keep doing it no matter how despairing you may believe it all is. Stay with your interests and see if you can find people who share your interests. That way you have something to talk about initially, and are likely to find that bond if you travel around to places and meet up and see each other regularly.

Trying to judge the social cues in any personal interaction is always going to be difficult. This can be even worse when it comes to looking for a special relationship. If you feel you should 'make a move' with someone you are attracted to you might find that keeping everything on a 'friendship' basis is a safer bet for testing the water later down the line. If you express your affections toward someone who does not wish to return those feelings, it can be awkward. They may stop talking to you as a friend for fear of 'encouraging' you if they know they are not attracted to you. Try not to misinterpret friendship as someone wishing to have a deeper relationship with you. Try if you can to use a third party to gauge how someone feels about you - so you don't wade in too strong too soon, and if you get positive signs you can just spend more time together enjoying your friendship.

Luv2meetU provide support and structure and offer to help members. They also organise meetings and social outings.

Keep going and keep :smile:

What about autistic girls ?
Reply 4

it's not over! maybe you aren't finding the right people. if a girl was really interested in you she wouldn't care what you talk about, she'd probably like the fact that you're passionate about things you like. however everyone is different so try not to let that dissuade you from talking to girls, you'll find somebody soon.
Reply 5
Original post by NewJobStarter
What about autistic girls ?

i think he meant the fact that him being autistic is a turn off for girls because they don't seem interested when he talks about things he likes..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending