The Student Room Group

OCR MEI A-level maths

Hi everyone :smile:
I’ve recently started my A-levels this September and started the OCR MEI exam board for maths. I’ve come to realise this is quite a rare exam board so there aren’t many revision resources online from what I have found. Does anyone who’s done this course or knows someone who has, know any good websites/ worksheets/ videos that will help with revision for the OCR MEI a-level maths course? Thanks!
I'm taking A2 maths and further maths with MEI this summer. I've not found any particular online resources (note that I've not looked particularly hard for any), but two things which should not be underestimated are that
a) There are a very large number of past papers, which is helpful for the later stages of revision
b) The textbooks are actually really good. They aren't that easy to read, but there are loads of exercises on each topic (from past exam questions, and based on past exam questions), and each chapter has a very helpful summary at the end. I'm studying M3 independently using only the textbook, and it's going pretty well.
Original post by jasmine_GCSE
Hi everyone :smile:
I’ve recently started my A-levels this September and started the OCR MEI exam board for maths. I’ve come to realise this is quite a rare exam board so there aren’t many revision resources online from what I have found. Does anyone who’s done this course or knows someone who has, know any good websites/ worksheets/ videos that will help with revision for the OCR MEI a-level maths course? Thanks!

I assume you are doing the new linear A level course with exams in summer 2019. The maths content is identical across all examiners though the style of questions from each examiner (and OCR MEI in particular) varies a lot. The resources on www.examsolutions.net should help but most schools that choose OCR-MEI subscribe to resources that they provide so ask your teachers if there are any online resources you school has access to. All examiners will produce AS and A level practice papers for the new specifications, these should be available through your teachers.
I would suggest visiting MEI Integral. https://integralmaths.org/

It's created by MEI and has quite a few online learning & teaching resources, although it does cater for all the other exam boards too. It does require a subscription, though. Your teachers may have access to their resources so it might be worth asking them first before you make any decisions.

As mentioned though, in terms of free content, you can't really do a lot better than examsolutions.
Original post by Top Hat Quark
I'm taking A2 maths and further maths with MEI this summer. I've not found any particular online resources (note that I've not looked particularly hard for any), but two things which should not be underestimated are that
a) There are a very large number of past papers, which is helpful for the later stages of revision
b) The textbooks are actually really good. They aren't that easy to read, but there are loads of exercises on each topic (from past exam questions, and based on past exam questions), and each chapter has a very helpful summary at the end. I'm studying M3 independently using only the textbook, and it's going pretty well.

Thankyou, the only problem is the maths papers are new specs so there are no past papers as the modular system has been scraped unfortunately :frown:
Original post by JaredzzC
I would suggest visiting MEI Integral. https://integralmaths.org/

It's created by MEI and has quite a few online learning & teaching resources, although it does cater for all the other exam boards too. It does require a subscription, though. Your teachers may have access to their resources so it might be worth asking them first before you make any decisions.

As mentioned though, in terms of free content, you can't really do a lot better than examsolutions.

Thankyou :smile: . My school does in fact have a subscription to integral, but the practice questions are fairly limited in terms of how many there is, I will check out examsolutions.
Physics and maths tutor is honestly the best thing to revise maths, you wanna do as many questions as possible. Brilliant for c1 up to c4 and you will only do m1 on that website and s1 up to s4. There are a couple things that are on the old spec and you wont know how to do but just check with your teacher

Quick Reply

Latest