The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Work experience

Does anyone have any advice for work experience for child's nursing? I've been trying to get a hold of the NHS hospital near me but I've had no reply. Thanks:smile:
It can be difficult as places for work experience at a NHS hospital can be quite limited, and can be competitive too. How have you applied? Talking directly to someone might help, find the right person to talk to and give them a call. You could also look for other types of work experience, for example, something to do with working with children (school, after-school clubs, daycare centres, or working somewhere in the health sector (care home, alternative placement in hospital, dentist)
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by Sophiel8
Does anyone have any advice for work experience for child's nursing? I've been trying to get a hold of the NHS hospital near me but I've had no reply. Thanks:smile:

I'm not sure about NHS but I know that you can definitely contact a nursery they can get you a work experience placement.

Also primary schools are a great idea too x
How old are you? Hospitals usually require you to be 16 because of the cost of the risk assessment. Paediatrics needs you to be 18. But as some people said before, primary school are a good idea and a nursery as well.
Reply 4
Original post by cheesecakelove
It can be difficult as places for work experience at a NHS hospital can be quite limited, and can be competitive too. How have you applied? Talking directly to someone might help, find the right person to talk to and give them a call. You could also look for other types of work experience, for example, something to do with working with children (school, after-school clubs, daycare centres, or working somewhere in the health sector (care home, alternative placement in hospital, dentist)

I've used all sorts of emails and numbers, and I've had no reply. It's a competitive course so I've got to do something in the nhs. I'm a HCA and I'm going to be working as a support workers for teenagers and young adults soon. Both are full time positions but I think nurseries will be the best option for w/e at this time
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by rainbowcat1437
How old are you? Hospitals usually require you to be 16 because of the cost of the risk assessment. Paediatrics needs you to be 18. But as some people said before, primary school are a good idea and a nursery as well.

I'm 23 but NHS work experience would just look so much better as well as nurseries. Just gonna have to keep trying
Original post by Sophiel8
I'm 23 but NHS work experience would just look so much better as well as nurseries. Just gonna have to keep trying

All they want to see is that you’ve made an effort to gain insight into the career and what you’ve learnt from it. Also universities accept that some people may not be able to get work experience.
Reply 7
Original post by rainbowcat1437
All they want to see is that you’ve made an effort to gain insight into the career and what you’ve learnt from it. Also universities accept that some people may not be able to get work experience.

I just feel a bit of pressure really. I'm applying in 2019 and will be 25. I don't want them to expect a certain level of experience and mess it up really.
I got my experience by applying through the nhs-everyone has to do this(I'm pretty sure) to be able to get a placement. Google the nhs and then your local authority/trust and type work experience. You hopefully will find a website which will guide you towards some forms.
Otherwise care homes, nurseries or some other similair environment will be good enough
Reply 9
Original post by AzureCeleste
I got my experience by applying through the nhs-everyone has to do this(I'm pretty sure) to be able to get a placement. Google the nhs and then your local authority/trust and type work experience. You hopefully will find a website which will guide you towards some forms.
Otherwise care homes, nurseries or some other similair environment will be good enough

I've done that but I'm getting nowhere. Just gotta keep trying 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending