The Student Room Group

Pharmacy work experience

Hi :smile:

I'm currently in year 12 going into 13 and I wanted to study dentistry but I found the exams this so difficult so I kinda doubt that I will get in TT. So pharmacy was my second choice and I have been struggling to get work experience. I called almost every single pharmacy in my city but they have all rejected me and I've lost hope tbh.

Currently, I have almost 2 weeks of dental work experience, 1 week chem work experience, I am doing some online work experience and I've done some volunteering here and there. So it is necessary to have work experience to get into pharmacy, Im like aiming for unis that have high rankings (like UCL and kings) and Im so stressed abt this.

Tysmm
in my opinion You deffo have enough work experience its really hard to find work experience now.
but you deffo have enough don't worry.

also where and how did you get dental work experience I'm looking for work experience for pharmacy/medicine
Reply 2
Original post by lourdeeeeeeee12
in my opinion You deffo have enough work experience its really hard to find work experience now.
but you deffo have enough don't worry.

also where and how did you get dental work experience I'm looking for work experience for pharmacy/medicine

Hey bb,

Thanks for this I try not to worry but sometimes my mind runs here and there yk.

And for the work experience, I just searched 'dentists' on google maps and mass emailed every single one of them. Only like 2 out of like 10 replied tho so it depends on the practice. For pharm i called up almost every single practice for them and asked, u will most likely get accepted from independent ones tho not the big companies. Most of my friends who are doing medicine are struggling with work experience as well, I have tried some GPs but failed cause most dont answer emails, so maybe just try calling them?. If nothing works just do some online work experience, like BSMS and Medoogy. Its better than nothing I'm sure.

Good luck! :smile: <3
thank you for medology but broo I asked nearly every pharmacist in my area and they all rejected me so im relying on my parents connections id they have any lol. im only in yr11 so i still have time but some gp's have waiting lists until next yr so its better to be early.

Also are you sure medology is fine bc they dont have a certificate

thanks.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by lourdeeeeeeee12
thank you for medology but broo I asked nearly every pharmacist in my area and they all rejected me so im relying on my parents connections id they have any lol. im only in yr11 so i still have time but some gp's have waiting lists until next yr so its better to be early.

Also are you sure medology is fine bc they dont have a certificate

thanks.

That should be fine, u should just reflect on what u learned and use that info in like personal statement and interviews. Tbh i dont think unis require u to provide certificate anyways. Maybe just like take a photo when u finish the course, just in case yk.

And yea work experience is super hard to fine so i feel u. TT But hey u still have a year left so dw abt it too much! ^^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending