The Student Room Group

Work experience in yr 10

Has anyone ever done work experience in law in yr 10?

If so where did you go and what did you do?

Also what other things would you recommend for work experience?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous

hi! im in y10 asw and looking for WE in law and medicine. I've only come across some virtual ones but i really want to do an in-person WE. so pls lemme know if u find any!

What sort of subjects are you interested in?
Do you have any idea what you would like to do in the future?
What sort of environment do you prefer - lab, classroom, office etc. ?

I did my year 10 work experience in a primary school and really enjoyed but it wasn’t what I wanted to do in the future as I couldn’t find anything related to that so I just took it as a chance to gain skills and see what it is like in the workplace.
(edited 4 months ago)

Hi there

For law related work experience, I would recommend looking online for any virtual programs. Another way of searching for opportunities is looking at the websites of large law firms. There are often chances for securing insight days/ work shadowing.

Another way you could approach this is actively contacting local firms and asking if they have any volunteering/ work placement opportunities available.

For law in particular, work experience can be quite difficult to secure. To build your skills and abilities, it may be a good idea to find jobs/ experiences that are not related to law. There are many transferrable skills that you will gain through work, such as communication, teamwork, independence. These skills will be desired by future employers. :smile:

I am a current law student, I took on local job roles such as waitressing, barista, primary & secondary school assistants. I found that having some prior work experience helped me secure law related opportunities after year 13. :smile:

I hope this helps.
Chloe
-University of Kent
Hi, I've moved your thread to a more appropriate place in the forums.
Original post by anxnyx

hi! im in y10 asw and looking for WE in law and medicine. I've only come across some virtual ones but i really want to do an in-person WE. so pls lemme know if u find any!

It will be very difficult for someone in year ten to find a clinical work experience for year ten, I would suggest taking virtual work experience and in year 12 you will find it much easier to find clinical work experience.
Original post by Anonymous #1

I went to a primary school and HATED it, I would find something that you would find fun because 9 times out of 10 you will not be using your yr10 work experience in your ps for uni
Original post by anxnyx

i don’t know if u still need this but capgemini is doing a in-person law work experience
Original post by Anonymous #1

im thinking on doing tattoo parlor work experience. does any1 have any ideas on where to do it

Quick Reply