The Student Room Group

GCSE Chemistry

I have my chemistry exam for paper 1 on Thursday. I was wondering if anyone knew that when a question comes of regarding reversible reactions, the paper will specify wether the reaction is endothermic or exothermic. Exam board is AQA and the paper is Higher Tier.
It should do, unless it's reactions we're expected to know about
Reply 2
Original post by The.One.And.Only
It should do, unless it's reactions we're expected to know about

Thankyou :smile:
I wish I was doing Edexcel :frown: CIE triple science is just too hard ;O
Reply 4
Original post by Reversed Flash
I wish I was doing Edexcel :frown: CIE triple science is just too hard ;O

Triple science has been the most hated subject on my timetable for the past two years
Reply 5
Yes it does, On the specimen paper it did, but you don't need to revise reversible reactions.They're are on paper 2 arent they?
Realistically, it has to specify whether it's exothermic or endothermic. The only time I can imagine them not including it is if it genuinely isn't relevant to the question (however, I'm used to A Level questions where it's always provided, so your mileage may vary with GCSE questions).

There'd not be much point in an equilibrium if it didn't have an enthalpy change to accommodate it!
Reply 7
Original post by WWEKANE
Yes it does, On the specimen paper it did, but you don't need to revise reversible reactions.They're are on paper 2 arent they?

correct
Original post by Kian Stevens
Realistically, it has to specify whether it's exothermic or endothermic. The only time I can imagine them not including it is if it genuinely isn't relevant to the question (however, I'm used to A Level questions where it's always provided, so your mileage may vary with GCSE questions).

There'd not be much point in an equilibrium if it didn't have an enthalpy change to accommodate it!

It's one on those things we take for granted at A-level, right?

Anyway (although I imagine they will tell you in the exam):

If the sign is negative (-), forward reaction = exothermic

If the sign is positive (+), forward reaction = endothermic

Good luck revising!
Original post by EdexcelAreIdiots
It's one on those things we take for granted at A-level, right?

Anyway (although I imagine they will tell you in the exam):

If the sign is negative (-), forward reaction = exothermic

If the sign is positive (+), forward reaction = endothermic

Good luck revising!

Yes, very true. But it proves to be invaluable.
Original post by WWEKANE

boyyy it's topic 5 on paper one, you better get revising because you're gonna lose like 15 marks if you dont lmao
Reply 11
Original post by WWEKANE
no they’re under energy changes which are paper 1🤷🏼*♀️
Reply 12
Original post by sharri.coco
boyyy it's topic 5 on paper one, you better get revising because you're gonna lose like 15 marks if you dont lmao

Thank **** you said that I was having a little panic thinking I’d revised the wrong paper fml 😂

Quick Reply

Latest