The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Resits for law

I think that I will need to resit 1 of my modules for this year. However , I can't really understand how exactly this works.

So..

the exam for the 1st semester was weighting 50% of my overall grade
the exam for the 2nd semester was weighting 50% of my overall grade

We need to have 40% overall in order to pass the module.

Lets just say that I will get 10% in my finals this semester
and that in the last semester I got 55%

That it means that I will have to resit it.
But , do I have to get 40% in my resits in August in order to pass the module or do I need to get 25%? (as I got 55% in my first semester?)

I'm a little bit confused about this so if anyone can explain me how resits work I will be grateful.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by whocares1222222
I think that I will need to resit 1 of my modules for this year. However , I can't really understand how exactly this works.

So..

the exam for the 1st semester was weighting 50%
the exam for the 2nd semester was weighting 50%

Lets just say that I will get 10/100 in my finals this semester and that in the last semester I got 55/100.

That it means that I will have to resit it. But , do I have to get 40% in my resits in August or do I need to get 25%? (as I got 55% in my first semester?) I'm a little bit confused about this so if anyone can explain me how resits work I will be grateful.

That explanation is confusing

How many semesters?

2 or 3?

What are you saying you scored for each one?

You normally have to pass at least each module by 40%+ or it is resat. resits are usually capped at 40% max.
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by 999tigger
That explanation is confusing

How many semesters?

2 or 3?

What are you saying you scored for each one?

You normally have to pass at least each module by 40%+ or it is resat. resits are usually capped at 40% max.

2 semesters.

I scored 55% in the first semester
and I think that I will get 10% in the second semester.

So my question is... Do I need to get 40% in August in order to pass the module? or do I need to get 25% as I scored 55% in the first semester and each semester is weighting 50% of my overall grade.
Original post by whocares1222222
2 semesters.

I scored 55% in the first semester
and I think that I will get 10% in the second semester.

So my question is... Do I need to get 40% in August in order to pass the module? or do I need to get 25% as I scored 55% in the first semester and each semester is weighting 50% of my overall grade.

Imo 40 you have to pass all modules.
Reply 4
If you are doing law at liverpool you need to pass 40% in every exam and assessment you take including the resits
Original post by sloths
If you are doing law at liverpool you need to pass 40% in every exam and assessment you take including the resits

okay that explains eveything!! thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending