The Student Room Group

Exam thread for OCR A Physics- Exploring Physics 8/6/18

Hiya guys, what's peoples predictions for tomorrow? Thinking could use this as a thread before and after the exam. How did everyone find Modelling Physics too?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
ohhh jeez im nervous
im not as confident in the exploring paper, and i have no idea what they will bring up

hopefully the six markers are kind - i quite liked the 6 markers in the exploring paper from 2017!! honestly, ill be incredibly happy if one six marker asks us to evaluate some data, its easy marks if you waffle long enough

i wonder if they'll have some good marks for medical physics
Reply 2
Original post by 23Student23
Hiya guys, what's peoples predictions for tomorrow? Thinking could use this as a thread before and after the exam. How did everyone find Modelling Physics too?

also, modelling physics wasnt too bad, but i messed up one of the six markers sadly
Reply 3
Original post by Kppppp
also, modelling physics wasnt too bad, but i messed up one of the six markers sadly

The escape velocity of helium question?
Reply 4
yup lol
Modelling physics went badly for me, especially the 6 markers. So expecting a slightly easier paper this time. Could've been first exam nerves though.

Not sure how they could make medical physics hard so I'm sure that's free marks. Also the 6 markers should be alright as in modelling it's mostly just using a proportionality relationship.

Not looking forward to magnetic fields as they could ask a strange question there. Also waves... a 6 marker on resonance tube wouldn't be nice.

Expecting a multiple EMF circuit to come up.
There's no hope for me I'm gonna fail, unless a miracle happens
I thought it was very easy
Reply 8
I thought it was better than modelling paper
That was A lot better than the modelling paper. I've started an unofficial mark scheme check it out!
90/100 grade boundaries for an A* likely after that piss-easy paper.
Waheyyyy I found it hard time to get the rope
Found it quite good but hope for low grade boundaries coz YOLO
6 markers weren't awful, capacitance one was a blessing. Other one wasn't so bad. I **** the bed in the Magnetic fields Qs & explained PET scans for the CAT scans Q despite telling myself I'm 100% explaining the wrong thing. Waffled through out most of the explaining Qs.

Hello there C grade, if grade boundaries are lowered which they won't be, overall!
Original post by Invective
6 markers weren't awful, capacitance one was a blessing. Other one wasn't so bad. I **** the bed in the Magnetic fields Qs & explained PET scans for the CAT scans Q despite telling myself I'm 100% explaining the wrong thing. Waffled through out most of the explaining Qs.

Hello there C grade, if grade boundaries are lowered which they won't be, overall!

I wouldn't worry too much. Personally I think it went quite well but I don't see how it was apparently so much easier than paper 1. It really wasn't. There were a lot of traps so I feel like the grade boundaries will not be too bad :smile: Good luck with all of the rest of your exams anyway!
Original post by bobtheblob123
Waheyyyy I found it hard time to get the rope

I thought it went alright but I don't understand how people think it was so much easier than paper 1. I feel like they were quite similar in difficulty. People have different opinions I guess but I don't like it when people go around saying papers were easy even if I didn't struggle myself. Don't worry :smile:
Was a bit easier than Paper 1, but still had some difficult maths questions in it so it wasn't much easier. I explained gamma camera for CAT scan and forgot that joule wasn't an SI base unit lol. Also did the internal resistance one wrong bc I got 20 but hopefully picked up method marks. Think it was a similar paper to last year so grade boundaries won't change much. Overall I think it'll be around 65 for an A in paper 1, and around 70 for paper 2. Hopefully they don't completely **** us over with paper 3 next Thursday.
Original post by Bulbasaur10
I wouldn't worry too much. Personally I think it went quite well but I don't see how it was apparently so much easier than paper 1. It really wasn't. There were a lot of traps so I feel like the grade boundaries will not be too bad :smile: Good luck with all of the rest of your exams anyway!

Thank you for the reassuring words, I don't actually think I got a C, but it's nice to see someone actually looking out for others who may be down!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Bulbasaur10
I thought it went alright but I don't understand how people think it was so much easier than paper 1. I feel like they were quite similar in difficulty. People have different opinions I guess but I don't like it when people go around saying papers were easy even if I didn't struggle myself. Don't worry :smile:

Thanks, but I sort of have no hope of passing now 😂😂😂 I messed up big on both papers lol x

Quick Reply

Latest