The Student Room Group

Best Nintendo Switch deals out there?

Been waiting to buy a Switch for AGES.

Amazon have the Nintendo Switch console for £249.99 at the moment which seems great:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07F1VVBMP

Or do bundles work out cheaper as the controllers are pretty pricey?!

Should I get that or wait until Black Friday to see if there are cheaper deals?

BEST LIVE NINTENDO SWITCH DEALS

Nintendo Switch with Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros AND Mario Odyssey £334.99
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Posting to sub as I'm after one as well. Cheapest I've seen at the moment is 280 for console only
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Posting to sub as I'm after one as well. Cheapest I've seen at the moment is 280 for console only

Really hoping for a price drop. I’ll bite at £240 :biggrin: I reckon, or under £300 for the Switch and some games.
Reply 3
false

Original post by Professor Oak
Been waiting to buy a Switch for AGES.

Zavvi have it for £259.99 at the moment which seems pretty good

https://www.zavvi.com/consoles-nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-console-with-grey-joy-con/11396049.html?

Or do bundles work out cheaper as the controllers are pretty pricey?!

Should I get that or wait until Black Friday to see if there are cheaper deals?

I was doing some research on this a few weeks back and apparently prices won't drop much, retailers will just include bundle deals [extra games with the console]

If you want to make a decent saving you'll need to go for one of the big bundle deals ..because the core console won't be discounted very much at all......
Nintendo do not drop prices on their stuff, never ever have done. It's up to the retailers to do price drops if they wish.
Original post by random_matt
Nintendo do not drop prices on their stuff, never ever have done. It's up to the retailers to do price drops if they wish.

You say that with such conviction even though it's false

Original post by yolkie
You say that with such conviction even though it's false

I mean my link in the OP has a price drop already, so yolkie is right :smile:
I mean my link in the OP has a price drop already, so yolkie is right :smile:

Provided by Zavvi, nothing to do with Nintendo. Go ahead and ask them if you must, i know i'm right, as does the whole gaming tech world.
Provided by Zavvi, nothing to do with Nintendo. Go ahead and ask them if you must, i know i'm right, as does the whole gaming tech world.

Sorry just realised I misread your post! Completely missed the second bit which I believe you are right about.
I hope they do a deal with a Switch and Zelda :biggrin:
Original post by Queen Cersei
I hope they do a deal with a Switch and Zelda :biggrin:

The Console + breath of the wild bundle is £309.99 from Game at the moment
Nintendo Switch console only for £236 (once you add their 5% off code) from eGlobal.

Note this will be a grey import so not the UK version of the console. I've ordered stuff from them before though and it's always come through fine. The only complication can be the warranty.
Mate D.S. Lite or DSI is the way forward
Reply 14
This looks like a good deal from Amazon: Nintendo Switch + 2 games (choose between Pokemon, Mario Kart, Mario Party, Let's dance) £299.99

It's a little hard to find the page you can actually choose the games on though...

the page linked does not match the offer you are are claiming here
Reply 15
also another thing, why arn't console prices coming down. Just a little over a year ago I bought the FIFA 2018 PS4 bundle for £199

I then immediately sold FIFA for £35 cause man doesn't like FIFA ..which made the true cost of a brand new PS4 £165

You cannot get PS4 bundles £199 today, and definitely not the FIFA 2019 bundle

PS4 is more expensive than a year ago, you're looking at at least £250 just for the standalone console
Looking in the wrong places all - unless you are super bothered about buying brand new , you can get some stellar deals second hand. Facebook market place is literally littered with nintendo switches , most with games , at prices such as £240 - £280.

I bought my switch , with Mario kart 8 deluxe , splatoon 2 and steering wheels for £250 , and have had 0 issues.

Get looking! Its deffo worth the investment.
Original post by ANM775

Hmm, seems to work for me. What are you seeing?
Original post by MatthewAV8B
Looking in the wrong places all - unless you are super bothered about buying brand new , you can get some stellar deals second hand. Facebook market place is literally littered with nintendo switches , most with games , at prices such as £240 - £280.

I bought my switch , with Mario kart 8 deluxe , splatoon 2 and steering wheels for £250 , and have had 0 issues.

Get looking! Its deffo worth the investment.

That's amazing! Yeah I've always bought mine second hand and haven't had any issues (apart from one dodgy ebay guy but it was refunded super quickly)
Original post by ANM775

Here are the other bundle options from this in case you can't see them:

Switch + Mario Kart and Just Dance £299.99 on Amazon

Switch + Mario Party and Just Dance £299.99 on Amazon

Doesn't look like you can combine the others, sorry it looked like you could originally. I'll update my post above.

Quick Reply

Latest