The Student Room Group

Modelling Scams

Hello
My daughter has been ‘so say’ short listed by a modelling agency going by the name of ‘Model Central m’ or ‘Creative Studio Group’ and we have paid £50 deposit and are due to travel up to London (from Bristol) tomorrow. I am hearing lots of horror stories of scammers so don’t want to put my daughter through it if this is the case. Would anyone on here ever had experience with either of these companies please and if so are they legit or scammers? I’m guessing scammers 🙄 Thanks in advance
Original post by Liane White
Hello
My daughter has been ‘so say’ short listed by a modelling agency going by the name of ‘Model Central m’ or ‘Creative Studio Group’ and we have paid £50 deposit and are due to travel up to London (from Bristol) tomorrow. I am hearing lots of horror stories of scammers so don’t want to put my daughter through it if this is the case. Would anyone on here ever had experience with either of these companies please and if so are they legit or scammers? I’m guessing scammers 🙄 Thanks in advance

I hate to say this, but they are almost certainly scammers. Real modelling agencies will not make you pay upfront. You might not be able to get the £50 deposit back either. Try contacting Action Fraud here: https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/
Could you tell me the address you have been given as this sounds similar to my situation.
Hi
Hi I am just wondering if you ended up going to London
I also paid 50 pounds on 24th Jan and went to Archway studios on Sunday 27th Jan. It was awful. The guy was so rude and unpleasant. I never received my 50 pounds back. They don't pick up their phone. Or emails. I just don't understand how they can operate for this long.
Reply 5
They have been at this scam for years and years always with the name Model in the title, just a website address and no company details. If the brochure doesn't have the company name and registration number, you got to think what kind of

Quick Reply

Latest