The Student Room Group

Models Adult Teen Child & Baby Shoot

I suspected “scam” prior to going. Have done some modelling in the past and know that the “model” never pays for anything upfront. The agency make up their portfolio and when the model gets a paid job, commission is deducted from their fee. The shoot was very unprofessional. Everything in one small office from a reception area, to a screened small photo area, tiny changing room and another secure office within this office. Sound proof as that’s were the scam begins snd they try and take either £300, £600, £1000, £1500. You’re given 4 options.
DO NOT even bother going. I know the temptation is that you may become a “model” but this is not a legitimate agency. They’ve taken my photos, my photo ID, my personal details. God knows how they will use them. Fortunately I had the sense NOT to give them any money. But since then they’ve sent emails asking for reviews to go onto trust pilot and they’ve also in return will give me complimentary photos.
I’ve also had tons of calls from other scammer agencies saying they have seen my photos and want to offer me a contract for the one off fee. These people are preying on desperate people wanting to be models at any cost. Don’t be fooled. It is a Scam and you will never get any work out of it. If you lucky enough to miraculously get anything they don’t pay you according to other reviews. This is not a modelling agency it’s a parasitic way to exploit people. BE SMART otherwise you will get scammed. Don’t waste your time going!
Reply 1
I am so glad seing this post. I sign my 7 months old baby up for modelling and they booked me for tomorrow for photoshoot. However, my instincts keeps on telling me not to go as I have been a victim of scam myself from different agencies. Thank you

Original post by Saphire10
I suspected “scam” prior to going. Have done some modelling in the past and know that the “model” never pays for anything upfront. The agency make up their portfolio and when the model gets a paid job, commission is deducted from their fee. The shoot was very unprofessional. Everything in one small office from a reception area, to a screened small photo area, tiny changing room and another secure office within this office. Sound proof as that’s were the scam begins snd they try and take either £300, £600, £1000, £1500. You’re given 4 options.
DO NOT even bother going. I know the temptation is that you may become a “model” but this is not a legitimate agency. They’ve taken my photos, my photo ID, my personal details. God knows how they will use them. Fortunately I had the sense NOT to give them any money. But since then they’ve sent emails asking for reviews to go onto trust pilot and they’ve also in return will give me complimentary photos.
I’ve also had tons of calls from other scammer agencies saying they have seen my photos and want to offer me a contract for the one off fee. These people are preying on desperate people wanting to be models at any cost. Don’t be fooled. It is a Scam and you will never get any work out of it. If you lucky enough to miraculously get anything they don’t pay you according to other reviews. This is not a modelling agency it’s a parasitic way to exploit people. BE SMART otherwise you will get scammed. Don’t waste your time going!

Quick Reply

Latest