The Student Room Group

Pevensey Castle

How are people feeling about Pevensey Castle for the historic environment site?? because I think it's okay but I'm worried about all of the information
You'll be fine! I know there's a lot to remember but make sure that you know why it was an atypical and a typical Norman castle and you'll be fine! If your teacher hasn't already done so, teach yourself some other examples of castles like ones on the Welsh border, York castle & Nottingham castle so you can bring in that knowledge and the examiner will be impressed! I'm predicted an 8 for history so if you need any more help don't be scared to ask! :smile:

Original post by secret.user
How are people feeling about Pevensey Castle for the historic environment site?? because I think it's okay but I'm worried about all of the information
Thank you so much, do you have any ideas on what the question could be because our teacher thinks it is going to be about how the Normans could consolidate power using the castles but I can't think of what else it could be
Original post by Eliseghent
You'll be fine! I know there's a lot to remember but make sure that you know why it was an atypical and a typical Norman castle and you'll be fine! If your teacher hasn't already done so, teach yourself some other examples of castles like ones on the Welsh border, York castle & Nottingham castle so you can bring in that knowledge and the examiner will be impressed! I'm predicted an 8 for history so if you need any more help don't be scared to ask! :smile:
Here are a couple of questions which they could ask:
'Castles were the biggest change the Normans brought to England'
'The main reason for castles was to defend England from foreign invaders'
The question that you provided would be a great question to get because the other two paragraphs would be very easy to pick a topic for.
Original post by secret.user
Thank you so much, do you have any ideas on what the question could be because our teacher thinks it is going to be about how the Normans could consolidate power using the castles but I can't think of what else it could be
Original post by Eliseghent
Here are a couple of questions which they could ask:
'Castles were the biggest change the Normans brought to England'
'The main reason for castles was to defend England from foreign invaders'
The question that you provided would be a great question to get because the other two paragraphs would be very easy to pick a topic for.

Thank you x

Quick Reply

Latest