The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kallum17
I think you added the two numbers you were given and then divided by 0.441 and i got around 40,000

how was it more than the volume of the cell?
Original post by gradeguesser
nah, that’s correct

How, they said that the 15,000 and the other number were 44.1% of the total. Then want what the total was.
how was it more than the volume of the cell?

The 15,000 and other number was only 44.1 % of the total cell.
How, they said that the 15,000 and the other number were 44.1% of the total. Then want what the total was.

i thought they said like 200 and something was mitochondria volume, 15000 was the whole cell volume and 44.1% of the total cell was mitochondria and chloroplasts
Original post by ladolcevita21
I have no idea how to revise for friday now like they could throw anything at us hahah

but since nothing on meiosis or heart/hb/circulatory system or diversity/selection came up maybe those ??

My teacher is one of the Mark scheme writers and she says don’t count on anything. That’s because the two papers are written by different people so essentially the same thing can come up again from paper 1 potentially. The only thing I can say is that paper 2 is much more statistical whereas paper 1 is much more regurgitation so definitely go over your statistical tests, equations etc. But content wise, anything.
Reply 45
1/15 * 100 + 0.5/5 * 100 = 16.67 %

got that too
Original post by I’m_So_Screwed
My teacher is one of the Mark scheme writers and she says don’t count on anything. That’s because the two papers are written by different people so essentially the same thing can come up again from paper 1 potentially. The only thing I can say is that paper 2 is much more statistical whereas paper 1 is much more regurgitation so definitely go over your statistical tests, equations etc. But content wise, anything.

ah that is great advice thank you! I don't mind stat tests altho lol from today it is fairly clear these equations are messing with my head haha
Yes thats right, the wanted what the entire cell was though.

they asked for chloroplast volume i think¿
It was 17500 as whole call volume and 262.2 for mitochondria... Wow. Why can’t my memory be good for actual biology and not stupid facts like this
i thought they said like 200 and something was mitochondria volume, 15000 was the whole cell volume and 44.1% of the total cell was mitochondria and chloroplasts

I thought they said that the 200 something and the volume of mitochondria was 15,000 and that they only make up 44.1%. I thought you had to find the total volume of the cell.
yeah I thought it was chloroplast volume as well?
they asked for chloroplast volume i think¿
It was 17500 as whole call volume and 262.2 for mitochondria... Wow. Why can’t my memory be good for actual biology and not stupid facts like this

hahah😂 yeah i meant 15000 as a ball park figure, how on earth do you remember the decimal place!😂
Reply 52
anyone else got 3.2 for index of diversity ?
lolllll honestly tho
Does anyone remember what question 2 was? I've been trying to remember for ages but just can't.
Reply 55
the way in which mutations in genes may not cause a difference in polypeptide structure?
Original post by Chocolatte148
Does anyone remember what question 2 was? I've been trying to remember for ages but just can't.
Anyone else super disappointed that the paper was basically read new things and answer questions on it rather than actually showing off your knowledge.. literally feel like I revised for nothing

I've actually ****ed that up and read the question wrong, im actually pissed. Thats 17500* 0.441 = 7717.5 . Then minus 262.2 and you get 7455.3. I would have found that ****ing mistake if i finshed the paper and had time to go over it.
I think I did:smile:
Original post by emroseo
anyone else got 3.2 for index of diversity ?
I have amazing short term memory. Ask me tomorrow and I won’t remember. It’s an annoying talent though because my long term is terrible. I can revise around 50 nouns in korean a day on quizlet but you ask me next week and they’re gone.
hahah😂 yeah i meant 15000 as a ball park figure, how on earth do you remember the decimal place!😂

Latest

Trending

Trending