The Student Room Group

physics question help

if a 20kg kettle is given 35W in the same time it takes Johnny to walk up the stairs, at which speed does the kettle fly when i throw it at a wall in frustration, and how far away is the wall of which i throw it at, in micrometres?
i would say approx. 1.3m/s if the kettle is thrown at a right angle to the wall and the wall is about 69 meters away.:smile:
When questions like this come up tomorrow instead of stuff from the spec 😂 :facepalm:
Reply 3
Original post by uh-nells
i would say approx. 1.3m/s if the kettle is thrown at a right angle to the wall and the wall is about 69 meters away.:smile:

i got 17.7m/s
assuming Johnny is fat and takes 90s to walk up the stairs
whatever we only lose 25 marks if that question came up
Reply 4
Original post by RazzzBerries
When questions like this come up tomorrow instead of stuff from the spec 😂 :facepalm:

innit, the diesel car one from paper 2 was random to me
Original post by lilTrain
innit, the diesel car one from paper 2 was random to me

Same. It’s like they ran out of idea lol
Reply 6
Same. It’s like they ran out of idea lol

yeah i swear they are, even them giving us those overdone english literature questions

also i revamped the question to be more realistic to what might actually come up
A kettle of 20kg is given 35W in the same time it takes Shakira to walk up a flight of 2m stairs at the speed of 2m/s. I pick up the kettle to make tea, then drop it in surprise when i see spiderman in the doorway. Assuming i dropped it at shoulder-height and the ratio height of feet>shoulder:shoulder>head is 11:3, how tall am I?
[2 marks]

😂😭
Original post by lilTrain
yeah i swear they are, even them giving us those overdone english literature questions

also i revamped the question to be more realistic to what might actually come up
A kettle of 20kg is given 35W in the same time it takes Shakira to walk up a flight of 2m stairs at the speed of 2m/s. I pick up the kettle to make tea, then drop it in surprise when i see spiderman in the doorway. Assuming i dropped it at shoulder-height and the ratio height of feet>shoulder:shoulder>head is 11:3, how tall am I?
[2 marks]

😂😭

Trust meee

Wys that's only worth 1 mark :lol:

Spoiler

Reply 8
Trust meee

Wys that's only worth 1 mark :lol:

Spoiler

i spent like 10 minutes trying to figure out that crap idk why it was so hard, so i just put random numbers lol i failed chemistry anyway

Quick Reply

Latest