The Student Room Group

Getting an A* for IAL Science

How hard should I work to get an A* for all 3 subjects Biology, Chemistry and Physics?
What should I do to get 3A*s for IAL ?
Reply 1
Practise the past examination papers.
Much appreciate your response. Could you please give me some advice ? On how to stay focused aswell?
Reply 3
Original post by AMAYA WIJESINGHE
Much appreciate your response. Could you please give me some advice ? On how to stay focused aswell?

Copy the model answer, at the same time to memorise it. Once you don’t understand, search online to find out the meaning of the words.
Reply 4
I know a lot of the advice given regarding this to do a lot of practice papers, and that’s very important! However I have found when it comes to things like Chem and physics, having your basics down is very important. I’m doing IAL as well and say for example if you’re doing organic chemistry, the lessons which you learnt at o levels will be the building block for your a levels. Similarly, what you learn during the first year is crucial for the second year.
To prevent forgetting certain material make sure to revise often and a little at a time. It also helps to have very brief notes just so you have an overview of the material if you want to refer when doing papers etc. Good luck!
Original post by Äries
Copy the model answer, at the same time to memorise it. Once you don’t understand, search online to find out the meaning of the words.

Don't just copy the model answer. For sciences the best way to proceed is to solve problems. The questions are often unseen and take questions from other areas - memorising doesn't help much.

For solving problems, Isaac Physics is quite helpful. Then use past paper questions, Isaac physics questions, etc. to succeed.

Quick Reply

Latest