The Student Room Group

"Are these GCSEs good enough for x" - the guide

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I chose english lit , rs and btec music tech , did i ruin my chances cause i chose a btec
Original post by Hydri
I chose english lit , rs and btec music tech , did i ruin my chances cause i chose a btec
Chances for what exactly? :smile:
Is 8 9-7s and 2 6s good enough for oxbrige/ Russel group law or finance (haven’t really made up my mind yet)
Original post by Gone245
Is 8 9-7s and 2 6s good enough for oxbrige/ Russel group law or finance (haven’t really made up my mind yet)
Russel group easy yes. Cambridge: depends on everything else. Oxford: hopefully but read the OP in full.
Reply 44
Original post by 04MR17
Chances for what exactly? :smile:

Oh right , for doing law in oxbridge ?
Original post by Hydri
Oh right , for doing law in oxbridge ?
:s-smilie: Check the websites and university policy on BTECs but I fear the answer may well be no. Other unis will take BTECs but I don't think Oxbridge regard them as equivalent. Other top unis may well do the same.
Reply 46
How about 9999988876665 for Cambridge medicine ? 8a* 1A 3b and C in other words
Original post by m_j_
How about 9999988876665 for Cambridge medicine ? 8a* 1A 3b and C in other words
What's the 5 in?
hey for cambride med: i got 6 9s, 5 8s and a 6 (in art smh) was wondering if this is ‘competitive’ and if art will hold me back in any way? got all 9s in science and remarking two of my 8s to 9s hopefully. taking bio chem maths psych + epq next year too :smile:
Original post by mez_merising
hey for cambride med: i got 6 9s, 5 8s and a 6 (in art smh) was wondering if this is ‘competitive’ and if art will hold me back in any way? got all 9s in science and remarking two of my 8s to 9s hopefully. taking bio chem maths psych + epq next year too :smile:
Art won't hold you back and it is competitive. Those subjects look fab, but why are you doing 4?
Original post by 04MR17
Art won't hold you back and it is competitive. Those subjects look fab, but why are you doing 4?

thank you! everyone kept telling me the same but I just needed reassurance. and my school makes us do four :/ but if we struggle we can drop to three
maths 7
eng lang 6 - getting remarked as got 8 in mock
eng lit 8
chem 8
phy 7
bio 7
french 8
spanish 8
geog 8
comp sci 4 -eeekkk that exam went bad

Can i still apply for nedicine with these gcses , and as u said that cambridge dont rly look at gcses , could i try out or is there no point???

i didnt put a lot of effort in my gcses tbh (revising the night before) but i have learnt my lesson and am willing to put a lot of hard work into my a levels and will be aiming to achieve As and A*s
Original post by meemy123
maths 7
eng lit 8
chem 8
phy 7
bio 7
french 8
spanish 8
geog 8

Can i still apply for nedicine with these gcses , and as u said that cambridge dont rly look at gcses , could i try out or is there no point???

i didnt put a lot of effort in my gcses tbh (revising the night before) but i have learnt my lesson and am willing to put a lot of hard work into my a levels and will be aiming to achieve As and A*s

cambridge medicine***
Original post by mez_merising
thank you! everyone kept telling me the same but I just needed reassurance. and my school makes us do four :/ but if we struggle we can drop to three
That's a really crap policy for the school. :frown:

If you reach interview stage I'd say it's worth disclosing this then. :yep:
Original post by 04MR17
That's a really crap policy for the school. :frown:

If you reach interview stage I'd say it's worth disclosing this then. :yep:

fingers crossed!
[Deleted]
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by meemy123
maths 7
eng lit 8
chem 8
phy 7
bio 7
french 8
spanish 8
geog 8

What subjects are you doing at A Level?

A lot will depend on your BMAT scores I imagine. :redface:
Reply 57
French :frown:

Original post by 04MR17
What's the 5 in?
Original post by m_j_
French :frown:

Your GCSE grades are fine for Cambridge medicine. :smile:

What subjects will you be taking for A Levels? :smile:
Reply 59
Original post by 04MR17
Your GCSE grades are fine for Cambridge medicine. :smile:

What subjects will you be taking for A Levels? :smile:

Wow, that’s reassuring, I’m doing maths, FM, chemistry and biology. Before im asked why I’m doing 4 a levels ( i thinks that’s what you’re going to ask, sorry for assuming), it’s because my school forces those who get more than 7grades 8/9 to do 4 a levels

Quick Reply

Latest