The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes University student accommodation for 2020 entry

Welcome to the official Oxford Brookes University accommodation thread.

Please feel free to ask your questions regarding all things accommodation, document your findings and even meet your potential flatmates.

We’ve attached some useful links below:

Explore our halls
How to apply
Prospective students
Current students
Brookes landlords
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I’ve just accepted my offer to study education studies starting in September. My course is taught at Harcourt Hill however I would like to live closer to the Headington campus as it is more central. I am looking at Paul Kent and Clive Booth but I have no idea what they’re actually like!!
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 2
Congratulations
Reply 3
Original post by niamhcostelloxxx
I’ve just accepted my offer to study education studies starting in September. My course is taught at Harcourt Hill however I would like to live closer to the Headington campus as it is more central. I am looking at Paul Kent and Clive Booth but I have no idea what they’re actually like!!

Look through the old posts on this below this thread. Clive Booth and Cheney student village seem popular but give them a read yourself as you know what you are looking for.

Hi @niamhcostelloxxx!

Super congratulations on your offer and it's wonderful news that you have accepted our offer! We can't wait to see you in September!

On the matter of choosing halls, it is always a tricky one. I have not stayed at Paul Kent halls, unfortunately, however, I do know that it has currently been refurbished and all the rooms are en-suite and a nice walk or bus journey to Headington Campus or Harcourt Hill using our University buses. For more information on Paul Kent please, if you haven't already, have a look at our page: Paul Kent Hall.

I have also not had the pleasure of staying at Clive Booth, but the halls are right next Headington campus and also have the University buses run by them. The halls are a combination of en-suite and non-ensuite and it is up to your own preference which one you decide to choose. Once again, if you haven't already check out our pages on these halls: Clive Booth Student Village Ensuite and Clive Booth Student Village standard.

Our halls pages have pictures of the sites, which might make your decision easier.

I know that you stated that you wanted to stay closer to Harcourt Hill Campus but just in case you haven't had a chance to look at the halls closer to your main campus, here is the link to Westminster Halls: Westminster Halls, they are en-suite and on Harcourt Hill Campus.

I hope that this helped! :smile: If you have any more questions or queries, please do ask.

All the best,

Shereese
(edited 4 years ago)

I'd stay at Harcourt Hill - the free bus will take you into town and the convenience will be worth it.

I’ve got an offer on the Primary education course at Harcourt Hill and I’ll probably stay there because the N block has bigger beds and is an alright price. The area looks nicer to me too, like more green space, I’m country type person tho 😂. The bus is free too so not breaking the bank to go to town.
Original post by Katealice0121
I’ve got an offer on the Primary education course at Harcourt Hill and I’ll probably stay there because the N block has bigger beds and is an alright price. The area looks nicer to me too, like more green space, I’m country type person tho 😂. The bus is free too so not breaking the bank to go to town.

Hello @Katealice0121,

Congratulations on your offer! We at Oxford Brookes are so happy to hear that you will be joining us! :smile:

I am a current student at the university, if you have any questions about the university or about student life I would be happy to help. So please feel free to ask.

All the best,

Shaf
Reply 8
Hi, I'm a prospective student and was wondering when I would get an email inviting me to apply for Brookes accommodation?
Original post by CC02
Hi, I'm a prospective student and was wondering when I would get an email inviting me to apply for Brookes accommodation?

Hello @CC02,

We are glad to hear that you are planning on joining us at Oxford Brookes. :smile:

Regarding the email to apply for halls, the Accommodation Team are working hard and have been sending them out since the 27th April, so you should be receiving it soon. If you do not receive an email by the 8th of May, then you should contact them. However, please only contact them if you have not received the email by the 8th of May and not before. Hope this was able to help answer your question.

I am a current second year student at the university, if you have any further questions about student life or the university then feel free to ask.

All the best,

Shaf
Reply 10
Hi,

I'm just wondering whether the email you sent us, claiming not to be able to release students from accommodation contracts due to the university not having enough money, is intended as a joke given how much Oxford Brookes wastes on flashy new buildings?

Thanks
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Geo55
Hi,

I'm just wondering whether the email you sent us, claiming not to be able to release students from accommodation contracts due to the university not having enough money, is intended as a joke given how much Oxford Brookes wastes on flashy new buildings?

Thanks

Hello @Geo55,

Thank you very much for getting in touch with us. Unfortunately, I do not have information about this, but I will find out and get back to you as soon as possible.

All the best,

Shaf
Hi, I will be joining Brookes in September to study Philosophy and Sociology. My issue is that half of my course will be held at Headington Campus while the other half will be at Harcourt Hill campus and so I am unsure on which accommodation to choose. I would like to be able to cycle to lectures and seminars, but also grab the bus when the weather is not nice for example.
Hi, I will be joining Brookes in September to study Philosophy and Sociology. My issue is that half of my course will be held at Headington Campus while the other half will be at Harcourt Hill campus and so I am unsure on which accommodation to choose. I would like to be able to cycle to lectures and seminars, but also grab the bus when the weather is not nice for example.
I am starting brooks in September and I’m currently debating which accommodation to choose Clive booth en suite or parade green. Is parade green to far from the city for a night out or do people go out in cowley ?
I think you should either go for the one at Headington campus (it's Cheney Student Village I think), or the one in the city center at Thames street as the city center is between Harcourt Hill and Headington. Harcourt hill is quite far so I'm not sure how you will cycle to it. The bus links are very good tho.
Original post by Mollymunch
I am starting brooks in September and I’m currently debating which accommodation to choose Clive booth en suite or parade green. Is parade green to far from the city for a night out or do people go out in cowley ?

Hi @Mollymunch

That's a great question. I have stayed at both Clive Booth and at Parade Green throughout my time at Brookes and had the same worry.

There are plenty of options down both Cowley Road and in the city centre for a night out. Down Cowley road, there are many bars and smaller clubs, as well as the O2 Academy which there is always something good going on there and student nights. In the city centre are also more great bars and clubs. So there are plenty of options for both places.

The university also provides great bus services from each campus and close to each accommodation which takes you from each campus, to Cowley road and to the city centre. Most students use this service as it is free for us to go to different places easily.

I hope that this helps to make your decision slightly easier. If you have any more questions please do ask. :smile:

All the best,

Shereese
Original post by Harvey25

Hi @Harvey25

That's great news that you will be joining us, we are so excited to welcome you.

Thank you for asking this question, there are plenty of options for accommodation which are close to each campus and are somewhere in between as you may already know but for your situation, you could look at Thames Street which is based in the city centre, it is a nice walk, bike ride or bus journey to Headington Campus and an easy bus journey to Harcourt Hill.

At this present moment in time, this is the only accommodation that I am aware that would probably satisfy what you are looking for, but if you give me some time I can talk to our accommodation team and get back to you if there are more options available. :smile:

I hope that this helped, please let us know if you have any more questions or queries.

All the best,

Shereese.
Original post by Oxford Brookes University
Hi @Mollymunch

That's a great question. I have stayed at both Clive Booth and at Parade Green throughout my time at Brookes and had the same worry.

There are plenty of options down both Cowley Road and in the city centre for a night out. Down Cowley road, there are many bars and smaller clubs, as well as the O2 Academy which there is always something good going on there and student nights. In the city centre are also more great bars and clubs. So there are plenty of options for both places.

The university also provides great bus services from each campus and close to each accommodation which takes you from each campus, to Cowley road and to the city centre. Most students use this service as it is free for us to go to different places easily.

I hope that this helps to make your decision slightly easier. If you have any more questions please do ask. :smile:

All the best,

Shereese

To Shereese
Thank you so much that has really helped
Molly x
Original post by Harvey25

Hello @Harvey25,

We are so glad to hear that you will be joining us at Oxford Brookes in September. :smile:

Although as a commuting student, I did not live in accommodation. I can still share with you some information regarding travel around Oxford.

The Brookes Busses which run frequently throughout the day and especially during term times, make it so that student can travel around Oxford with ease. They allow for students to travel from and between the different campuses and accommodations with ease. Most students are able to use the busses for free, using Brookes Keys. When travelling from Headington Campus to Harcourt Hill Campus, I personally find that it is easiest to use the Brookes Busses to make the journey. Since cycling around Oxford is encouraged, I am sure that you would be able to do so if you would like.

I hope this information will be of some help. If you do have any more questions about Student Life or the University, then please do feel free to ask. I would be happy to help.

All the best,

Shaf

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending