The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes

How bad is the student union? I keep seeing posts on how horrible it is.

Also is acommodation avaliable for clearing students? I was given a place at another university but they don't have any acommodation avaliable.
Original post by Anonymous
How bad is the student union? I keep seeing posts on how horrible it is.

Also is acommodation avaliable for clearing students? I was given a place at another university but they don't have any acommodation avaliable.

Hi there,

Thank you for your message. I must admit, I'm not an expert on the Student Union, however I have heard mainly good things from within the university. For more information, the Brookes Union page may be helpful.

As for accommodation, there is accommodation reserved for Clearing applicants. This comes directly from our Clearing Page:

We want to take the pressure off finding accommodation through Clearing. We have a range of University accommodation opportunities available and these will be prioritised for Clearing applicants while spaces remain.

There is nothing for you to do. Once you accept your offer the Accommodation team will be in touch within 48 hours to provide you with login details. From there you can set up your account and make your application. You will need to select three accommodation options and you’ll be guaranteed one of your three choices. We aim to confirm your allocation within 72 hours of application, as long as you apply by 29 August.

I hope this is helpful and best of luck with the Clearing process.

Best wishes,
Daniel

Admissions Office
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending