The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London

Official University of Greenwich 2021 applicant thread

:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to the University of Greenwich for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Manooka
:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to the University of Greenwich for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Heyy

My name is Furtuna, I study international business if you have any questions I am happy to help :groovy:
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London
Hey,

I'm looking for some advice, I am applying for psychology in the 2021 series, but I feel my qualifications may be a huge problem, as I only do two A-Levels and a UAL extended diploma (equivalent to 3 A-Levels/ BTEC extended diploma), in which I am predicted a Merit.
In my two A-Levels, I am predicted an A and B.
(I am also eligible for a contextual offer)
I really wanted to apply to Greenwich, but I know how many people apply there, so do you think I am wasting an option applying there, given I don't have 3 A-Levels?

I would be really grateful if somebody could give me guidance on this or recommend places I could apply to.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Hey,

I'm looking for some advice, I am applying for psychology in the 2021 series, but I feel my qualifications may be a huge problem, as I only do two A-Levels and a UAL extended diploma (equivalent to 3 A-Levels/ BTEC extended diploma), in which I am predicted a Merit.
I really wanted to apply to Greenwich, but I know how many people apply there, so do you think I am wasting an option applying there, given I don't have 3 A-Levels?

I would be really grateful if somebody could give me guidance on this or recommend places I could apply to.

So you're studying two A levels AND a BTEC Extended Diploma? Why would you think you can't get in?
Original post by Xarao
So you're studying two A levels AND a BTEC Extended Diploma? Why would you think you can't get in?

It's just the fact that my UAL qualification is in performing arts, so it's not an academic qualification, and if I am competing for a place against somebody that had 3 A-Levels I wonder if they would stand a better chance at being accepted.
Reply 5
It's just the fact that my UAL qualification is in performing arts, so it's not an academic qualification, and if I am competing for a place against somebody that had 3 A-Levels I wonder if they would stand a better chance at being accepted.

You should speak to an official rep at UoG for official advice. However, I highly doubt you'd be discredited for that, as long as you meet the requirements, you should be fine tbh.
Original post by Xarao
You should speak to an official rep at UoG for official advice. However, I highly doubt you'd be discredited for that, as long as you meet the requirements, you should be fine tbh.

thank you :smile:
Hey,

Hey

Like @Xarao as long as you meet the requirements you will not be discredited, you can definitely apply. Here is what you need:

120 UCAS points from a minimum of 2 A-levels. No more than 16 points should come from AS-levels.
We also accept:
BTEC Extended Diploma
International Baccalaureate
Advanced and Progression Diplomas
Access courses
Plus at least three GCSEs including English language and mathematics or a science with a minimum of grade C/4 are required.

Hope this helps :smile:
Hello!
I have some questions if someone can give me heads up.
I want to apply for International Business with a Language (Italian in my case). I did call the university for more information regarding my application given the fact that I’m coming from abroad. Since I’ve been told there are no courses starting in January (missed the 2k20 deadline), the advice was to apply as early as before February-March for upcoming September through UCAS.
Can someone fill me in about the grade difference (I graduated high school in Bulgaria 2k17) & entry requirements (I did visit and read them on the website) for international students from personal experience?
Is iELTS the only way to prove my english level?
And where can I find useful materials on the personal statement for this university or in general, both work.
Thanks in advance!
I have just completed my application for Greenwich to study MSc Adult nursing in Sept 21. Anyone apply for the same course? How long does it usually take to receive a reply on UCAS?
Reply 10
Original post by UniofGreenwich
Heyy

My name is Furtuna, I study international business if you have any questions I am happy to help :groovy:

Hey is there any way I can private message you?
Original post by Zenh4
Hey is there any way I can private message you?

Hey @Zenh4

Of course, Click on our username and select send Private Message :smile:
Original post by kcorbishley
I have just completed my application for Greenwich to study MSc Adult nursing in Sept 21. Anyone apply for the same course? How long does it usually take to receive a reply on UCAS?

Hello @kcorbishley

Thank you for submitting an application at Greenwich University, the process can take up to six to eight weeks.
Reply 13
Who is furtuna as I would like to get in contact with her in regards to the course? As it says uni of Greenwich rep
Original post by Zenh4
Who is furtuna as I would like to get in contact with her in regards to the course? As it says uni of Greenwich rep

Hey @Zenh4

Private message me or ask me the question on this thread :u: Happy to help :banana:
Original post by UniofGreenwich
Heyy

Hiyaa, do u happen to know about anything in business psychology in Greenwich??
Hi I'm Molly!

I'm predicted BBB in A-levels English Lit, History and French and I'm applying for Law.
Hi can you tell me how many places there are for Paramedic science at Avery Hill. Approximately how many applications are submitted annually for this course
Hi everyone!

We are just letting everybody know that we will not be appearing as an official rep here for much longer. We will be leaving these threads open so that the conversations can continue. You will still be able to chat to us on TSR as we will have students coming on every now and then to answer questions and share their experiences.

We are still here to help through our other communication channels below:

- Give us a call on 020 8331 9000 between 9am and 5pm during the week

- Email us at [email protected]

- Message us in real-time with our livechat feature

We have really enjoyed talking to you here and we look forward to hearing from you in the future!

Duncan :smile:
#proudtobeGRE
Has anyone received an offer yet?
Specifically for Law?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending