The Student Room Group

Oxford Thread Part 2

Hi there,

I was informed by that the 10,001st poster automatically creates a new thread. That was me on this year's Oxford Applicants thread, but no such thread has appeared.

What's going on?

Cheers
Reply 1
I'm a bit confused aha, I think the thread starter made a separate thread that I opened in a new tab earlier but when I return to that tab it says the thread doesn't exist
Reply 2
I haven't been able to find one either- should we just use this one?
I guess this is the new oxford thread? I hope? I don't see a new one anywhere else
Reply 4
Original post by pukukukuku
I guess this is the new oxford thread? I hope? I don't see a new one anywhere else

well this thread is in completely the wrong part of the forum... we were told by a mod that a new one would be created automatically, but that doesn't seem to have happened...

If the mods want to make this the new thread, I'm happy for them to move it and then I'll edit the first post
Guess we'll be using this thread then aha
:dontknow: I may be wrong but I’d just make a new thread and make sure to link the first one in the OP?
FYI: @BlinkyBill
Reply 7
Original post by laurawatt
:dontknow: I may be wrong but I’d just make a new thread and make sure to link the first one in the OP?

I'll do that
So is there a new thread or is this it? This is really the worst moment this could have happened
Reply 9
The new thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6811096&p=92328670#post92328670

@laurawatt can we get this pinned in the Oxford Forum? Thanks
Original post by 9dobbo1
The new thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6811096&p=92328670#post92328670

@laurawatt can we get this pinned in the Oxford Forum? Thanks

Will ask someone to do that :yes: also I’ll get the duplicate thread taken down to avoid confusion (someone else set a part 2 up a few mins ago :smile:)
Reply 11
Will ask someone to do that :yes: also I’ll get the duplicate thread taken down to avoid confusion (someone else set a part 2 up a few mins ago :smile:)

Thank you.
Reply 12
Hi! I applied to St. hughs and have been reallocated and invited to an interview at St Catz :smile:) I was wondering if anyone else is hoping to do History and English? I’m so worried for the interviews, especially history😫

Heya!
Thanks for this. Ugh sorry this has happened. It seems like there is a bug with the automatic creation of follow-on threads. You guys are right, best thing to do is create a new one and link to the old one in the OP. Plus it might also be good to edit the last post of the old thread and add the link to the new thread there too. :smile:
Original post by BlinkyBill
Heya!
Thanks for this. Ugh sorry this has happened. It seems like there is a bug with the automatic creation of follow-on threads. You guys are right, best thing to do is create a new one and link to the old one in the OP. Plus it might also be good to edit the last post of the old thread and add the link to the new thread there too. :smile:

Thanks! :biggrin:

@9dobbo1 see above :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending