Not sure if this is a good milestone to hit or not :rofl: Ooops :colondollar:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
how long have u been using tsr
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

Congratulations!!

Questions:
1. Did you have memorable threads or discussion points?
2. Favourite TSRians (current, retired or banned)?
3. Advice to young people coming up?
4. What’s the best thing about TSR?
5. What’s the not so good bit about the platform?

Congrats!

Looking back, do you think the investment of time in TSR was a net positive or negative?
Original post by Cyrax27
how long have u been using tsr

Over 15 years :eek2:

Original post by Wired_1800
Congratulations!!

Questions:
1. Did you have memorable threads or discussion points?
2. Favourite TSRians (current, retired or banned)?
3. Advice to young people coming up?
4. What’s the best thing about TSR?
5. What’s the not so good bit about the platform?

:hi:

Thank you :teehee: To answer your questions:

1) I think the TSR moments most etched in my mind are being unceremoniously kicked out of TSR Catholic Society, and the post where im so academic admitted that they had gone to Durham :biggrin:

2) Ooooh this is a tricky one! :eek: I'm very fond of a user who started off as tasha96 (she later changed usernames but I can never quite get the spelling of the new name right!). She's no longer on this site, but we're still in touch :h:

3) Could you clarify what you mean by "coming up"? Do you mean coming up to Oxford, or about to join TSR, or something else? :colondollar:

4) The best thing about TSR are there are some really witty posters on here! I am not quick-witted but have a lot of respect for them and enjoy their banter :biggrin:

5) Sometimes it feels like it's become a cesspit of hate. I feel the moderation of the site has gone a bit skew-wiff...
Chicken wings or nachos?
Original post by Admit-One
Congrats!

Looking back, do you think the investment of time in TSR was a net positive or negative?

I think overall it's been a net positive for me. I've met a lot of lovely people (mostly online, but some in-person!) who have supported me in various ways, and who I've enjoyed talking to. I like to think I've helped some applicants get into their first-choice unis during my time with PS Help/Review, and that I've comforted people struggling at Oxford by telling them bits of my story :yes: I'm not sure I'd be proud of how many hours I spend on here per day - particularly when I was younger - but generally I've had a good time on this site :h:
Original post by mnot
Chicken wings or nachos?

Def nachos, I love chicken but prefer boneless meat :colondollar:
Reply 8
Who is you favourite TSR troll?
Over 15 years :eek2:

:hi:

Thank you :teehee: To answer your questions:

1) I think the TSR moments most etched in my mind are being unceremoniously kicked out of TSR Catholic Society, and the post where im so academic admitted that they had gone to Durham :biggrin:

2) Ooooh this is a tricky one! :eek: I'm very fond of a user who started off as tasha96 (she later changed usernames but I can never quite get the spelling of the new name right!). She's no longer on this site, but we're still in touch :h:

3) Could you clarify what you mean by "coming up"? Do you mean coming up to Oxford, or about to join TSR, or something else? :colondollar:

4) The best thing about TSR are there are some really witty posters on here! I am not quick-witted but have a lot of respect for them and enjoy their banter :biggrin:

5) Sometimes it feels like it's become a cesspit of hate. I feel the moderation of the site has gone a bit skew-wiff...

1. That’s interesting.
2. I dont think I interacted with tasha96
3. In life generally…
4. Ok
5. That’s sad. Sensible debate should be protected over hate speech.
Def nachos, I love chicken but prefer boneless meat :colondollar:

How about nachos or nuggets?
Original post by black tea
Who is you favourite TSR troll?

I do have a soft spot for im so academic. It's still hard to tell whether they were a troll or not, so I'm not sure if that counts.

There was also the person a while back who kept creating threads being like WHY DON'T PEOPLE IN THEIR 20S LIKE SOCIAL GROUPS :tongue:

Original post by Wired_1800
1. That’s interesting.
2. I dont think I interacted with tasha96
3. In life generally…
4. Ok
5. That’s sad. Sensible debate should be protected over hate speech.

tasha96 was in X Soc and MHSS, that's how I know her :yep:

Ah OK, life generally. My main advice would be around social media and trying not to use it too much. Back in my day we (just about) had MySpace, whereas I imagine life is much more pressured and bullying more rife what with the plethora of social media platforms we have now. I'd advise young people not to use too many apps, not to spend too much time on them, and not to make it their lives - and to remember there'll always be keyboard warriors out there, so they should try not to take too much of it to heart :yes:

Original post by mnot
How about nachos or nuggets?

Nuggets ftw :woo:
I do have a soft spot for im so academic. It's still hard to tell whether they were a troll or not, so I'm not sure if that counts.

There was also the person a while back who kept creating threads being like WHY DON'T PEOPLE IN THEIR 20S LIKE SOCIAL GROUPS :tongue:

tasha96 was in X Soc and MHSS, that's how I know her :yep:

Ah OK, life generally. My main advice would be around social media and trying not to use it too much. Back in my day we (just about) had MySpace, whereas I imagine life is much more pressured and bullying more rife what with the plethora of social media platforms we have now. I'd advise young people not to use too many apps, not to spend too much time on them, and not to make it their lives - and to remember there'll always be keyboard warriors out there, so they should try not to take too much of it to heart :yes:

Nuggets ftw :woo:

Solid choice (as long as you have some bbq sauce or dip)!
what has been the biggest noticeable change that you have seen on TSR during your time here?
have you ever accidentally met someone IRL who you recognised from TSR?
(edited 6 months ago)
What's your favourite Christmas Day meal?
Original post by black tea
what has been the biggest noticeable change that you have seen on TSR during your time here?
have you ever accidentally met someone IRL who you recognised from TSR?

Probably the removal of neg rep, tbh!

It's not quite the same as what you asked but there was one year where various TSR people spotted me during the Oxford interviews period (recognising me from my featuring in the 'Interviews at Oxford' booklet for applicants that year!) and so people were messaging or posting on here being like "were you by G&D's at X time on Y date?" and I was like "HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT?!?!?!?" :eek3:

Original post by londonmyst
What's your favourite Christmas Day meal?

I do like a traditional British Christmas Day meal! (We do half-Sri Lankan, half-British but I don't eat a huge amount of the Sri Lankan food.) Hard to tell what my fave part of the meal is. Probs the stuffing :colone:

At least you are the one with the most posts, and that means a lot! it is in any case a performance I doubt to best by myself. Simple question first:

Do you intend to write 100,000 posts?
Original post by Kallisto
At least you are the one with the most posts, and that means a lot! it is in any case a performance I doubt to best by myself. Simple question first:

Ahhh I feel there must be more users who have higher post counts than me! (Or I at least very much hope so :tongue: )

I'm not too fussed about whether I reach 100K posts. I'd like to reach 100K rep though :colone:
Original post by Kallisto

She’s not the one with the post posts
Ahhh I feel there must be more users who have higher post counts than me! (Or I at least very much hope so :tongue: )

I'm not too fussed about whether I reach 100K posts. I'd like to reach 100K rep though :colone:

...and with my green thump, you got another 11 points and to come closer to your goal! :h: very ambitious, I appreciate that attitude!

Next question: Do you like to participate in polls on TSR?

Quick Reply

Latest