The Student Room Group

Cambridge Rejects 2023 undergraduate Thread

This thread is for people who have been rejected from the University of Cambridge 2023 entry. The intent of this tread is to talk, make each other feel better about their options and ultimately feel better about being rejected. This may help you come to terms with your rejection and hopefully keep you from dwelling on it.

You may start by talking about your other options and where else you may end up. I'm sure you all have other great options and routes your life may take.

Most importantly this is not the end of the world.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by CharlieM07
This thread is for people who have been rejected from the University of Cambridge 2023 entry. The intent of this tread is to talk, make each other feel better about their options and ultimately feel better about being rejected. This may help you come to terms with your rejection and hopefully keep you from dwelling on it.

You may start by talking about your other options and where else you may end up. I'm sure you all have other great options and routes your life may take.

Most importantly this is not the end of the world.

haha first one of these ive seen, i was rejected before interview which stung and was a bit embarrassing since i felt so confident despite my grades not meeting the requirement. i only decided to apply in june after the open day so i wasnt too attached but still. its all fine now, ive got 3 offers and i will end up exactly where i am meant to be.

rejection is redirection guys!
There is always another option. Keep pressing
Reply 3
preach
Rejection was a blessing in disguise tbh 😀 at least we can all experience uni without crying ourselves to sleep every night 😍
Original post by arch17
haha first one of these ive seen, i was rejected before interview which stung and was a bit embarrassing since i felt so confident despite my grades not meeting the requirement. i only decided to apply in june after the open day so i wasnt too attached but still. its all fine now, ive got 3 offers and i will end up exactly where i am meant to be.

rejection is redirection guys!

I got deselected before interview as well. Don't know what happened, but i'm all over that now. Definitely stung when i received the email since i was expecting to at least get an interview. What hurts most is the amount of time, energy and money (applying to cambridge as an international student is hella expensive) i spent while preparing for my A2 exams, stressing out about deadlines and stuff. Either way, i applied knowing that i most likely wouldn't get in, but why not give it a try? No regrets from applying, and I definitely learned a lot during the application.

I have received 2 offers and still waiting on 2 more. I still need to secure a scholarship to come to the UK, so wish me luck!
Anyone still think about Cambridge sometimes? 😅🥲
Not sure whether to reapply or not... Depending on my grades. Apart from the fact I would love to go there I also really love the PBS course.
Original post by gilmoregirl8
Not sure whether to reapply or not... Depending on my grades. Apart from the fact I would love to go there I also really love the PBS course.

I have very little business on this thread, since I am a successful reapplicant for chemistry at Oxford, though I do hope I can answer your question to some extent and give some honest (and hopefully useful) advice.

During the latter part of year 13 (and the early part of my gap year), I defo still thought about Oxford and was set on reapplying.

I’d say you are right to wait for your grades before deciding whether to reapply. In my experience, I honestly began to panic after my A level physics exams at the end of year 13 as none felt like they went especially well and I was confident that it would crush any hopes of my planned reapplication working out (I was wrong - I actually got an A, so I had exactly the grades as specified on the entry requirements).

I’d say for the time being, find a suitable distraction (i.e pick up a hobby you put aside to make up time for your A level studies) and once results day comes, if you get the grades and decide to reapply, great! Begin planning how to use your gap year well and wisely and have things planned to ensure you meet the admissions criteria. If not, you can resit and still reapply.
Original post by gilmoregirl8

I just got IB results, it's higher than predicted, many people are getting in oxbridge with much lower grades. Should I decline my confirmed offer and reapply oxbridge 2024?
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous #1
I just got IB results, it's higher than predicted, many people are getting in oxbridge with much lower grades. Should I decline my confirmed offer and reapply oxbridge 2024?

what did u end up doing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending