The Student Room Group

Should I switch from RS GCSE to computer science GCSE?

I'm thinking of switching from RS to computer science but I don't like computer science and do not understand it but it'll be useful in the future and RS won't be but I'm getting good grades in RS
I’ve did RS last year (got a 9) and I’m doing computer science currently. Personally I prefer RS 100% partly because it’s more interesting and I was good at it. To be honest I don’t see computer science being useful in the future unless you’re going into computers/technology. Something like RS can be applied to almost any workplace as you will always have people of different religions, and if you manage a team or want to get on with colleagues it’s useful to have to understand peoples thinking.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
HELL NO. I know this is subjective to the individual but I got all 7s,8s and a 9 and then a 4 in computer science. its extremely hard. the highest mark in my class was a 6 and the boy was very intelligent. RS is a lot easier and less stress. stick with RS.
RE is easier (just memorising ****) but if you’re more interested in CS then go for CS
Original post by abc10123
I'm thinking of switching from RS to computer science but I don't like computer science and do not understand it but it'll be useful in the future and RS won't be but I'm getting good grades in RS

It's probably too late to change ..
Reply 5
Original post by user893
HELL NO. I know this is subjective to the individual but I got all 7s,8s and a 9 and then a 4 in computer science. its extremely hard. the highest mark in my class was a 6 and the boy was very intelligent. RS is a lot easier and less stress. stick with RS.

I agree in my mocks I got a 4 and it would be too hard to learn the whole spec in a short amount of time
Reply 6
Original post by a109
I agree in my mocks I got a 4 and it would be too hard to learn the whole spec in a short amount of time

yep even in 2 years I didn't manage to learn half the content.
Up to you
depends what you want to do in the future... if computer science isnt useful to whatever career you want to go in then drop it

Quick Reply

Latest