The Student Room Group

Do you consider G Star Jeans designer?

Idk they can be pretty expensive, but they are not as expensive as other designer jeans, and have quite a lot of models for under £100.
No.
Original post by londonmyst
No.

What about Replay jeans?
Original post by Terminator01
What about Replay jeans?

No.
I consider jeans from Armani, Christian Dior, Valentino, Versace and YSL to be designer.
No.
I consider jeans from Armani, Christian Dior, Valentino, Versace and YSL to be designer.

What about 7 for all mankind?
What about 7 for all mankind?

I haven't heard of the brand.
I haven't heard of the brand.

What about True Religion?
What about True Religion?

Yes.
Although I am very wary of trusting their labelling since the class action settlement.
Yes.
Although I am very wary of trusting their labelling since the class action settlement.

You said you consider Armani jeans to be designer, so Armani exchange jeans are designer to you?
Idk they can be pretty expensive, but they are not as expensive as other designer jeans, and have quite a lot of models for under £100.

Well. I heard one hit wonder rappers who are incarcerated for life now mention the brand. Meaning the brand is using rappers to make their clothing popular to get sales. Not necessarily meaning their brand is quality. So even if it's costly for average people, G just isn't chic or the type of brand you'd work overtime and save up to get by a long shot 😂
Yes.

Lol exactly that's all brands are, a sewn on label. Often times the expensive jeans are the corrupt animal cruelty ones. Customers pay for the high cost for manufacturers to pay farmers, breeders, poachers to kill the animals. (Will anyone go through all that trouble to make cheap clothes for a small no or low name brand? Course not lol.) Different story but point being, is that I'm not paying £1000 for a real or fake label and animal cruelty.
You said you consider Armani jeans to be designer, so Armani exchange jeans are designer to you?

Emporio Armani jeans and Giorgio Armani jeans are designer.
I haven't seen Armani Exchange items.
Emporio Armani jeans and Giorgio Armani jeans are designer.
I haven't seen Armani Exchange items.

What about Armani Jeans AJ? Armanis denim line.
What about Armani Jeans AJ? Armanis denim line.

The AJ menswear denin jeans range?
Most of my male friends consider them designer jeans.
The AJ menswear denin jeans range?
Most of my male friends consider them designer jeans.

Yes, they make jeans for women too I believe.
What about Polo Ralph Lauren jeans?
(edited 3 years ago)
I wear Emporio Armani Jenas and True Religion Jeans only. I prefer shopping for these designer jeans at Darveys.com which is an Indian shopping website for luxury items.
Anything high-end bearing the designer's name is "designer".

These things trade more on their names now than anything else, especially jeans - they last for ages if you wash them sparingly and keep a few pairs of the same style in rotation. I probably wouldn't pay more than £80 for a pair. Whilst as a man I think paying more for some items, such as a suit, a coat, footwear etc really makes sense in comparison.

Aware that lockdown has made all of our clothes last longer but I have three pairs of the same Uniqlo dark selvedge slim jeans, one pristine and two worn in, at £35 each and all three are fairly old now.
(edited 3 years ago)
i like Diesel jeans. great quality for a male aged 20

Quick Reply

Latest