The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL January 2021 results

Hello people, the countdown has begun. What exams did you sit? What are your expectations? And please list any grade boundary predictions too! And most importantly, all the best! Just know that everything happens for a reason and if you don’t score well, there’s always June/October. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I’ll tag the people I remember:
@sarahyee
@TrES2b
@8013
@Ammar Zavahir
@lokamakthyve
@Lah bush’s Bla
@Science07
If I’ve missed anyone, please forgive me 🙏
For me, I took physics unit 3 to 6, P1, P2, P4, FP1 and FP3 in Jan. Really difficult to predict the grade boundaries but hopefully they would be at least as low as in Oct. Finger crossed!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
P3 (****ed up the exam)
M1
Phy/Chem U4
Hoping for A/A*.
Original post by lokamakthyve
For me, I took physics unit 3 to 6, P1, P2, P4, FP1 and FP3 in Jan. Really difficult to predict the grade boundaries but hopefully they would be at least as low as in Oct. Finger crossed!

Ooo that's a lot of exams! Good luck!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by 8013
P3 (****ed up the exam)
M1
Phy/Chem U4
Hoping for A/A*.

And that M1 was **** too, remember? You'll do well in P3 I'm sure, don't worry too much
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 6
GB predictions:
Chem U4: A* 70, A 63, B 56, C 49, D 42, E 35
Phy U4: A* 68, A 59, B 52, C 45, D 38, E 30
Math P3: A* 60, A 52, B 44, C 37, D 30, E 27
Math M1: A* 47, A 40, B 34, C 28, D 22, E 17
Original post by 8013
GB predictions:
Chem U4: A* 70, A 63, B 56, C 49, D 42, E 35
Phy U4: A* 68, A 59, B 52, C 45, D 38, E 30
Math P3: A* 60, A 52, B 44, C 37, D 30, E 27
Math M1: A* 47, A 40, B 34, C 28, D 22, E 17

I sure as heck hope so
Reply 8
Original post by ilovephysmath
I sure as heck hope so

I am sure that physics is going up. That horrible paper was 64 for A*
Ooo that's a lot of exams! Good luck!

Thanks, you too!
Original post by 8013
I am sure that physics is going up. That horrible paper was 64 for A*

Yikes... Just want an A* at this point, because if you have good AS UMS then at this point it doesn't even matter. we're getting CAGs anyways so any Outstanding Pearson Learner Awards are out the window. RIP.
I sat Physics and chem unit 4...and maths P3..and just as @ilovephysmath i also ryt now expecting at least A* marks at the very least...
Original post by Ammar Zavahir
I sat Physics and chem unit 4...and maths P3..and just as @ilovephysmath i also ryt now expecting at least A* marks at the very least...

Woooo hope we get there IA! Tbf I need it for my offers, I don't have an option :')
@Pistas
I knew I was forgetting someone!
Reply 14
@Pistas
I knew I was forgetting someone!

Awh, thank you! I did P3, P4 and S2. Personally, I'm expecting 58 for A* in P3, 61 for A* in P4 and 62 for A* in S2.
Reply 15
Yikes... Just want an A* at this point, because if you have good AS UMS then at this point it doesn't even matter. we're getting CAGs anyways so any Outstanding Pearson Learner Awards are out the window. RIP.

How do you know they are not offering Outstanding Pearson Learner Awards this time around? I thought they offered it in every session including october one.
Original post by Pistas
How do you know they are not offering Outstanding Pearson Learner Awards this time around? I thought they offered it in every session including october one.

I meant my chances. I got CAGs for all units except chem unit 1 in AS and the AS maths units I did in January, and chem and physics unit 4. Maybe I could hope for an award but it seems unlikely because the UMS we got in CAGs (108/200) is in my opinion not high enough for an award. I'm pretty sure there were people who did all their exams in October and had higher UMS :frown:
(edited 3 years ago)
I meant our school. I got CAGs for all units except chem unit 1 in AS and the AS maths units I did in January, and chem and physics unit 4. Maybe I could hope for an award but it seems unlikely because the UMS we got in CAGs (108/200) is in my opinion not high enough for an award. I'm pretty sure there were people who did all their exams in October and had higher UMS :frown:

Woow....i got the same results as you and i also did units 1 and 4 in the january session while units 2 and 3 were predicted...and i agree that there will be candidates who wud have done exam session in october for all units and obtained full UMS marks for all units...:frown:
Reply 18
I'm going to ask you guys a very dumb question. What do you mean by CAGs? You mean you got the highest marks in your schools in those units that you mentioned? Personally, I got 292 UMS in AS Maths so i've some hope of getting the highest marks in my country but I sort of messed up in P3 and P4 exams so at this point, I don't even know if I'm gonna get an A* lmao
n

Original post by Pistas
I'm going to ask you guys a very dumb question. What do you mean by CAGs? You mean you got the highest marks in your schools in those units that you mentioned? Personally, I got 292 UMS in AS Maths so i've some hope of getting the highest marks in my country but I sort of messed up in P3 and P4 exams so at this point, I don't even know if I'm gonna get an A* lmao

centre assesssed grading...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending