The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL results

hey guys!! i have a couple of questions for my edexcel ial results.
1. How do i cash-in my grades if im a private candidate?
2. I've given two of my biology A2 units twice to improve (may 2023 being my last attempt) how do i specify them and the other unit that i hadn't given to improve to merge them together and combine w my AS result
3. my third subject was a GCE a levels will that be okay as two of my other subjects are edexcel
Reply 1
Original post by elsasabir34
hey guys!! i have a couple of questions for my edexcel ial results.
1. How do i cash-in my grades if im a private candidate?
2. I've given two of my biology A2 units twice to improve (may 2023 being my last attempt) how do i specify them and the other unit that i hadn't given to improve to merge them together and combine w my AS result
3. my third subject was a GCE a levels will that be okay as two of my other subjects are edexcel

1. You ask your exam centre admin staff to request it. There may be a small fee to pay depending on when you make the request.
2. Edexcel will automatically use the best of your two results to determine the final grade as long as your entries have been done with the same Unique Candidate Identifier (UCI) number. If you are unsure about that. speak to the exam centre.
3. I can't speak for every university worldwide but universities are generally OK with A levels taken with different examiners. This is standard practice for candidates in English schools.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by gdunne42
1. You ask your exam centre admin staff to request it. There may be a small fee to pay depending on when you make the request.
2. Edexcel will automatically use the best of your two results to determine the final grade as long as your entries have been done with the same Unique Candidate Identifier (UCI) number. If you are unsure about that. speak to the exam centre.
3. I can't speak for every university worldwide but universities are generally OK with A levels taken with different examiners. This is standard practice for candidates in English schools.

what does “best of two results mean exactly” because i repeated two units (paper 4 and 5) twice
Reply 3
Original post by elsasabir34
what does “best of two results mean exactly” because i repeated two units (paper 4 and 5) for that unit. twice

If you take a unit twice they will use the best result obtained for that unit.

If you take a unit 3 times (or more), then they will use the best unit result from the two most recent attempts.
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest