The Student Room Group

CEMAP 1 - UKFR Exam

I am close to my exam date for CEMAP 1 UKFR. I have the test/specimen paper A from LIBF, and wondered if anyone had recently sat the exam and saw similarities in the questions, if not exact copies from the specimen papers?
Any additional tips or key areas to study before the big day would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Reply 1
Hey, noticed your posted this a month ago and I was wondering the same, got my exam soon but I have mainly done past exam papers rather than go through the book. Did you find the questions the same or similar? Xx
Reply 2
Hi Sammy, So have you read through the book at least once? I found that the past exam papers from LIBF gave a good idea of the type of questions they would ask. I took the mock exam and any questions I got wrong or did not know straight away I would make a note of and read through that specific section again to get a better grasp. I found that what helped me the most was the quizzes that are available from purchasing the Groupon full CEMAP course. It was £99 for a years access to all the modules online with an easy layout and helpful quizzes and mocks at the end of each section. I think it is still available and would highly recommend. I completed each quiz and as with the mocks made a note of each question I got wrong and re-read the material. I also found that the quizzes and mocks used almost identical questions to the LIBF specimen papers, which was great to see that the info is relevant.My biggest suggestion for CEMAP 1 is remembering key facts and figures of each section, not worrying above the in depth explanations. Honestly as long as you have put enough time going over the material and testing yourself as much as possible you will be fine.I am happy to say that I passed the exam, and I am now working my way through CEMAP 2 soon to book the exam. Good Luck Sammy!
Reply 3
Original post by CJRob
Hi Sammy, So have you read through the book at least once? I found that the past exam papers from LIBF gave a good idea of the type of questions they would ask. I took the mock exam and any questions I got wrong or did not know straight away I would make a note of and read through that specific section again to get a better grasp. I found that what helped me the most was the quizzes that are available from purchasing the Groupon full CEMAP course. It was £99 for a years access to all the modules online with an easy layout and helpful quizzes and mocks at the end of each section. I think it is still available and would highly recommend. I completed each quiz and as with the mocks made a note of each question I got wrong and re-read the material. I also found that the quizzes and mocks used almost identical questions to the LIBF specimen papers, which was great to see that the info is relevant.My biggest suggestion for CEMAP 1 is remembering key facts and figures of each section, not worrying above the in depth explanations. Honestly as long as you have put enough time going over the material and testing yourself as much as possible you will be fine.I am happy to say that I passed the exam, and I am now working my way through CEMAP 2 soon to book the exam. Good Luck Sammy!

Thank you CJRob, I sat the exam recently and got 60%. I actually purchased the course you are talking about from Groupon! I am going through the course rather than the book and just making notes. Aww good luck for your CeMap 2 :smile:
Reply 4
Hi, I'm also sitting CeMap 1 later this year.I am struggling just using the textbook - would you recommend Groupon or the £240 CeMAP Revision Tool available on the LIBF website? If Groupon, which deal is it and does it cover all 3 exams?Kind regards
Reply 5
Original post by holbryce
Hi, I'm also sitting CeMap 1 later this year.I am struggling just using the textbook - would you recommend Groupon or the £240 CeMAP Revision Tool available on the LIBF website? If Groupon, which deal is it and does it cover all 3 exams?Kind regards

Hi, I can imagine just using the textbook to be quite difficult, although it does cover all the material you will need to pass. I've put a link to the Groupon below or you can just search CeMap on Groupon and it is the £99 offer. It covers CEMAP 1,2 & 3 and gives you quizzes and 3 mock exams for each module. It doesn't include your exam, so when it comes to booking this you will need to purchase direct from LIBF. I haven't used the Revision Tool from LIBF so I don't know how helpful this would be, but I would recommend their Specimen exam to get an idea of the questions. Good Luck with the Exam!
Reply 6
Original post by holbryce

I bought the Groupon one, so can’t advice on the LIBF revision tool. The Groupon one covers all 3 exams, they offer mini tests and 3 mock exams as well. Good luck, let me know how you do.
Reply 7
Original post by CJRob
I am close to my exam date for CEMAP 1 UKFR. I have the test/specimen paper A from LIBF, and wondered if anyone had recently sat the exam and saw similarities in the questions, if not exact copies from the specimen papers?
Any additional tips or key areas to study before the big day would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Original post by CJRob

Hi CJRob,
I started the CeMAP module 1 a month ago and like you find the 513 page textbook a lot of information to digest and its difficult to know what I'm supposed to make notes of. My 2 questions to yourself, if you don't mind please, are, How long did it take you to study module 1 and complete the exam and were you studying full time? You may have completed the course and probably a registered mortgage advisor with CeMAP after name now ;-) Thanks Kay
Reply 8
Original post by Kay Rai
Hi CJRob,
I started the CeMAP module 1 a month ago and like you find the 513 page textbook a lot of information to digest and its difficult to know what I'm supposed to make notes of. My 2 questions to yourself, if you don't mind please, are, How long did it take you to study module 1 and complete the exam and were you studying full time? You may have completed the course and probably a registered mortgage advisor with CeMAP after name now ;-) Thanks Kay

Hi Kay,
It is quite full and does take some time to study and fully understand the information, but well worth it in the end! I started the qualification in September 2020 with CeMAP.Training, it was actually a Groupon for £99. I used their online platform to make a start on the course material and made notes on Word as I went along, later turning it in to a PDF to study from. Once I thought I had the knowledge I bought the LIBF Book for Module 1 and read through the book along side my notes using the self tests in the book and online, so by this point I already had a good understanding. So to answer the question regarding timeline I started in Sept 2020, took the first exam in Feb 2021. Started the second Module immediately and bought the second book from LIBF in Feb 2021. Sat the 2nd exam in May 21 . Finally the 3rd exam in June 21. Thankfully I passed all exams first time round, which was a relief because you will need to pay for each resit.
On average I studied 4/5 nights per week for around 1-4 hours each session. There was a short period during lockdown when I got to study for full days which did help speed things up a bit. I do now technically have CeMAP after my name which is a proud sight on LinkedIn etc. but I am yet to move into the role as its quite a tough field. One thing I hadn't realized is the lack of opportunities for advisors with no experience in the industry. If you are coming from a Mortgage Administrator position and looking to move up to become an advisor there is much more opportunity out there. Hope this information is of use to you, let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks, Chris.
Reply 9
Original post by CJRob
Hi Kay,
It is quite full and does take some time to study and fully understand the information, but well worth it in the end! I started the qualification in September 2020 with CeMAP.Training, it was actually a Groupon for £99. I used their online platform to make a start on the course material and made notes on Word as I went along, later turning it in to a PDF to study from. Once I thought I had the knowledge I bought the LIBF Book for Module 1 and read through the book along side my notes using the self tests in the book and online, so by this point I already had a good understanding. So to answer the question regarding timeline I started in Sept 2020, took the first exam in Feb 2021. Started the second Module immediately and bought the second book from LIBF in Feb 2021. Sat the 2nd exam in May 21 . Finally the 3rd exam in June 21. Thankfully I passed all exams first time round, which was a relief because you will need to pay for each resit.
On average I studied 4/5 nights per week for around 1-4 hours each session. There was a short period during lockdown when I got to study for full days which did help speed things up a bit. I do now technically have CeMAP after my name which is a proud sight on LinkedIn etc. but I am yet to move into the role as its quite a tough field. One thing I hadn't realized is the lack of opportunities for advisors with no experience in the industry. If you are coming from a Mortgage Administrator position and looking to move up to become an advisor there is much more opportunity out there. Hope this information is of use to you, let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks, Chris.

Firstly, a huge Congratulations on your achievement. Secondly, thank you so much Chris for your in depth response. It's good to know I'm doing the right thing studying 4-5 hour sessions every day but unlike you I am unfortunately going through the text book as I'm not from an accounting background or have any experience with mortgages 🙈... I'm getting a little stuck in a few places and then reverting to the Internet for calculations or their suggestions when I'm not getting the correct answers with my calculations 🙄. It's a shame libf don't have tutor support for such situations 😕...
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Kay Rai
Firstly, a huge Congratulations on your achievement. Secondly, thank you so much Chris for your in depth response. It's good to know I'm doing the right thing studying 4-5 hour sessions every day but unlike you I am unfortunately going through the text book as I'm not from an accounting background or have any experience with mortgages 🙈... I'm getting a little stuck in a few places and then reverting to the Internet for calculations or their suggestions when I'm not getting the correct answers with my calculations 🙄. It's a shame libf don't have tutor support for such situations 😕...

I hadn't had any experience in accounting or finance but if you really see yourself in this career, you will get there! I wanted to reply and mention that a massive help for me was the 'CEMAP Study Group' on Facebook. Its a great group, filled with people like us either studying or just passed the exams who ask questions and help clear things up where people get stuck. It's a great help and a decent morale boost when you start struggling. Good Luck with the rest of your studies Kay, let me know when you get those initials after your name :wink:
Reply 11
Original post by CJRob
I hadn't had any experience in accounting or finance but if you really see yourself in this career, you will get there! I wanted to reply and mention that a massive help for me was the 'CEMAP Study Group' on Facebook. Its a great group, filled with people like us either studying or just passed the exams who ask questions and help clear things up where people get stuck. It's a great help and a decent morale boost when you start struggling. Good Luck with the rest of your studies Kay, let me know when you get those initials after your name :wink:

Bless you Chris! This is really helpful. I will look at the cemap study group on Facebook 👍! One foot in front of the other 😉 I'm still moving forward and intend on getting to the end 👩*🎓.
Thank you for this boost Chris, I'll be in touch when I've got those letters after my name 💃
Reply 12
Hi Rob, quick question please, how long did it take you to complete module 1?Thanks Kay
Reply 13
Original post by Kay Rai
Hi Rob, quick question please, how long did it take you to complete module 1?Thanks Kay

Hi Kay, Started in September 2020, took the first Exam for Module 1 in Feb 2021. Thanks!
Reply 14
Hi! Would you be able to share with me specimen paper A at all? I am very struggled to remind myself the questions from the exam- was hoping to get a rough look at it... Many thanks
Hi, do you mind sharing the test paper if you still have it
Hi all!!! I'm halfway through module 1 and all I have got is the text book from LIBF is there any free online mock tests I can use? And for people who have competed the whole course modules 1 2 and 3 how long did it take roughly ??
Reply 17
Hi, I just completed CeMap 1 and 2, sitting 3 in 2 weeks' time. There's an app called Brainscape on google app store. I highly recommend this approach. It lets you review your answers really quickly and you rate how well you know the answer so it can pop up more often. It's also only a few pounds a month compared to hundreds. I was studying full time so if I pass 3 I will have done all 3 in 4 months, but I know that's probably not helpful as I'm just lucky to have the time at the moment, I know most are probably working at the same time, hats off to you guys xHope that helps a little, Good Luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending