The Student Room Group

One should go for

Bsc accounting and finance or marketing which one has better future prospects
Original post by Xr king
Bsc accounting and finance or marketing which one has better future prospects

Where you're asking about future prospects, I assume that you're presuming people have crystal balls and you can't change from one career path to another based on the choice of degree. If so, then allow me to clarify:

Nobody can give you an accurate prediction of what the future holds

Even if you have perfect clairvoyance, the prospects in one country is not the same as that in another

Neither disciplines that you have specified explicitly require you to have a degree, so you could easily do a degree in marketing and then switch into accounting or do something in finance if you do the appropriate professional qualification

Prospects is also a vague term. What do you specifically mean? Pay? Promotion? How easy it is to get a job? In which country? In which sector?

To give you a very general answer for the UK job market at the moment, I can say marketing would probably give you more job opportunities than accounting and finance (particularly in finance you are up against very intense competition). Finance generally pays the most, but marketing can end up paying you more depending on the specific context.

Since you can either accounting, finance, or marketing with a degree in any subject or no degree at all, I think the question of which degree you do is pretty redundant. A degree in any of the subjects tend not to help that much since all 3 sectors would look more to your relevant work experience over what degree you have. Where qualifications are relevant, they would look to see if you have the appropriate qualification for the role that you are applying for e.g. accounting qualification (ACA, ICAS, CAI, ACCA, CIMA, etc.) for roles in accounting and the appropriate finance qualification (UK qualifications: CISI Level 4 diploma, CII diplomas, CeMAP, etc.) for the specific role in finance that you intend to do.

I think it's also more appropriate to look into which role would suit you more on an individual basis, as if you don't have the right skills or traits for the role you wouldn't last long in the job even if you meet all the qualification requirements and have stellar grades in them. If you are not very extrovert, people oriented, money motivated, there's little point in going into marketing or front office finance. If you don't like routine, have attention to detail, work under pressure, etc. then there's no point going into accounting.

Without knowing more about you as an individual, it's very difficult to answer any aspect of your very presumptuous and opportunistic question.
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending