The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
danfel
hey jogzc... I will be doing economics at Butler too next year! Don't worry about it at all, it's going to be really fun :biggrin: you can visit the college jcr website here - www.butlerjcr.com. See you next year! :smile:

ha:biggrin: another one,great! I have aleady registered in butlerjcr.com....
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 181
but a bit disappointed that ,here, only 2 ppl go to Butler...

Don't worry about it, they'll be plenty of people there who don't use TSR!
Reply 182
ssmoose is right - there are lots of people on the jcr site as well, and even that just scratches the surface of the full list :smile: everyone is really welcoming, we'll have a great time there. Hopefully talk to you soon on the message board

Dan :biggrin:
jogzc
, so I am a little afraid...:redface:

You're right to be afraid.
Reply 184
cherrychocolate
You're right to be afraid.

why do you say that?
Shh,I'm just trying to scare the foreigner.
Reply 186
cherrychocolate
Shh,I'm just trying to scare the foreigner.

The one who tries to scare others is always afraid of others...haha...joking:biggrin:
Reply 187
danfel
Hopefully talk to you soon on the message board

:tee:
well i guess there arent that many russians at durham...hm:frown:(( oh well, im in the same situation as gong (is that his first name?) havent been to england , but lived in europe for the past 11 years:smile: i just turned 18 a month ago and will be studying PPE at Hild & Bede (missed out on my first choice - Gov&Econ at LSE!!!!!).....

btw: how good is BEDE and HILD..and how do i prnounce "Bede" - is it B-E-D-E or B-E-D??:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Reply 189
Bede is pronounced "beed". :smile:
Reply 190
In addition, I know someone at college who's Ukranian,in addition to soe Poles, if we're discussing former soviet republics...
yeah but the poles...they dont really speak our language, and dont have the same mentality as lets say the russians OR ukranians:smile:))
what about the college itself, you seem to be studying at durham, is it a good college? cuz i have the feeling tthey placed me into it only for the sports...........which i hope is not true:smile:)
Reply 192
I don't really want to get dragged intot he internecine squabbles...

Hild-Bede is a good college, it's big by Durham standards and whilst it is good for sports it does a lot of other stuff, for example it has an extremely popular film club/cinema and it has quite a nice bar.
Goldenbarnes knows more about Hild-Bede than I.
Reply 193
jogzc
Hi,everyone...I have just looked through the entire thread...coooool

but a bit disappointed that ,here, only 2 ppl go to Butler...

I am GONG Zhichao, a Chinese and of course living in China,:biggrin: ,19 years old,male.

I will study Economics in Durham, and live in Butler...

I have never been to Britain before, so I am a little afraid...:redface:

Nothing to fear really. on sundays we sacrifice virgins to the god of despair followed by tea in the cloyster with the bishop (glen hodle) and a few of his demonic followers. Other than that and of course our sadistic rituals of cattle slaughter dedicated to kain the blood god with which we summon the forces of evil and destroy anyone with a mullet or more than 5 badges pinned on their jacket at any given time - you should be fine. Unless you're a virgin or you have a mullet.
Reply 194
Hello. I'm Charles, hopefully doing law at Grey.
Reply 195
MasterBlaster
yeah but the poles...they dont really speak our language, and dont have the same mentality as lets say the russians OR ukranians:smile:))

Mentality? :confused:

If our builders or a few of my mum's colleagues are anything to go by, the Polish have a great work ethic.. Other than that, I don't know much!
Reply 196
MasterBlaster
well i guess there arent that many russians at durham...hm:frown:(( oh well, im in the same situation as gong (is that his first name?) havent been to england , but lived in europe for the past 11 years:smile: i just turned 18 a month ago and will be studying PPE at Hild & Bede (missed out on my first choice - Gov&Econ at LSE!!!!!).....

btw: how good is BEDE and HILD..and how do i prnounce "Bede" - is it B-E-D-E or B-E-D??:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Sorry, GONG is my family name, Zhichao is my first name. In China, we put family name in front of "first name"...

From Durham map, BEDE and HILD is so close to economics department, so it's much easier to go there than from Butler:frown:
Reply 197
Relaxis
Nothing to fear really. on sundays we sacrifice virgins to the god of despair followed by tea in the cloyster with the bishop (glen hodle) and a few of his demonic followers. Other than that and of course our sadistic rituals of cattle slaughter dedicated to kain the blood god with which we summon the forces of evil and destroy anyone with a mullet or more than 5 badges pinned on their jacket at any given time - you should be fine. Unless you're a virgin or you have a mullet.

So cruel, i .... have nothing to say...:rolleyes:
Reply 198
jogzc
Sorry, GONG is my family name, Zhichao is my first name. In China, we put family name in front of "first name"...

From Durham map, BEDE and HILD is so close to economics department, so it's much easier to go there than from Butler:frown:

Don't worry, Durham's really tiny, so even Butler is just a morning stroll away :biggrin:
Reply 199
Jurisprude
Hello. I'm Charles, hopefully doing law at Grey.

Hi! :wavey:

Latest