The Student Room Group

Free school meals contextual offer

Hello,
UCAS asks if u received free schools meals and says to tick the yes box if u were eligible for free school meals but didn’t recieve them. I hope to receive a contextual offer from this , but what kind of proof do the unis usually ask for, would showing them that I was eligible for the meals be good enough. Or does the uni have their own way of confirming this? The uni says they give contextual offers for ppl that received free school meals.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by ru2201sh
Hello,
UCAS asks if u received free schools meals and says to tick the yes box if u were eligible for free school meals but didn’t recieve them. I hope to receive a contextual offer from this , but what kind of proof do the unis usually ask for, would showing them that I was eligible for the meals be good enough. Or does the uni have their own way of confirming this? The uni says they give contextual offers for ppl that received free school meals.

Include it in your reference! Tell your referee to include anything that might help you get a contextual offer like if your a carer, if your on bursary, if your on free school meals on your reference. If not it just means you might have to send unis information individually if they want. Depends on the uni. Also regardless of whether you received the free school meals or not, if you were eligible it still should be enough for contextual offers

Usually just ticking the box is enough, but when I applied for Durham they had a email which you had to email with evidence that you're on free school meals. I just sent them a picture of my application for bursary, and a screenshot of a bank statement showing I get bursary payments. It worked and I got a contextual offer.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 2
Universities all use different criteria for Contextual offers - but if you tick FSM or 'In-care' and they do use those, they will check and they will want proof.
Reply 3
Original post by McGinger
Universities all use different criteria for Contextual offers - but if you tick FSM or 'In-care' and they do use those, they will check and they will want proof.

So I shud be ok, right? Since I can prove my eligibility.
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by ru2201sh
Hello,

Hi,
So does this mean that most universities will offer a contextual offer because of free school meals?
Reply 5
Original post by lucozadeorange7
Hi,
So does this mean that most universities will offer a contextual offer because of free school meals?

Not all of em, it depends on ur uni, check their website. It will say what kind of students they give contexual offers too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending