The Student Room Group

How likely am I to receive an offer?

Hi so i will be listing all my details and if anyone could tell me how likely i am to get an offer i would appreciate it since i am a bit stressed as i havent got anything back yet. I achieved GCSE grades of 9, 9, 9, 9, 8, 8, 8, 7, 7, 6. A levels I take Mathematics predicted A*, computer science predicted A* and physics predicted A. In my personal statement i talked about how I read 2 books and it sparked my interest in computer science and talked about how they inspired me to choose it for a levels and i talked about how studying maths and physics have also helped me hone my skills. I talked about how i participated in the team junior and senior maths challenges and received gold certificates for both improved my teamwork skills and problem solving. Talked about how i completed CS50 and then created a functional database for my stepdad to aid him in his paperround business and next about my work expereince at barclays where i created a dashboard fro a client. to finish it off i made a small paragrpah on why im eager and a good fit for computer science at your uni. In my academic reference, my referee talked about how i am a young carer and how it has impacted my education and may impact my a levels(i am a contextual applicant), how i run computer science soceity and 2 other soceities, how i play football badminton and cricket outside of school, how i took part in the bebras challenge and got a distinction, and lastly how i take part in tutoring gcse students both inside and outside of school. the unis I am waiting on are durham, UCL and bath. can anyone tell me how likely i am to receive an offer as i am a bit stressed.
No chance sorry, you didnt do bronze DoFE you're cooked. Ok ahaha jokes aside, the universities you have mentioned are very competitive and if you haven't gotten rejected yet, there's a chance, UCL you have up till 11th march really to know if you got shortlisted for the STAT or not, Durham it will be an outright rejection or acceptance same with Bath now you just wait, Im in the same boat also applied computer science put a whole bunch of things in my personal statement, waiting on UCL and durham, have seen plenty of people with higher stats than me get rejected from durham already for computer science, so my hopes arent too high but until there is a rejection there is always a chance, just sit back and relax and prepare to smash those A levels regardless of the outcomes you get
Reply 2
Original post by HaseebAhmad
No chance sorry, you didnt do bronze DoFE you're cooked. Ok ahaha jokes aside, the universities you have mentioned are very competitive and if you haven't gotten rejected yet, there's a chance, UCL you have up till 11th march really to know if you got shortlisted for the STAT or not, Durham it will be an outright rejection or acceptance same with Bath now you just wait, Im in the same boat also applied computer science put a whole bunch of things in my personal statement, waiting on UCL and durham, have seen plenty of people with higher stats than me get rejected from durham already for computer science, so my hopes arent too high but until there is a rejection there is always a chance, just sit back and relax and prepare to smash those A levels regardless of the outcomes you get
hi thanks for the reply, where does it say the last date is 11th march to be shortlisted as i have seen on other forums that it can be until the end of april
registration of STAT starts from march 11th so I just assumed that's the last date you may be right though, the only official message is invitations from February onwards but lets see what happens
Reply 4
registration of STAT starts from march 11th so I just assumed that's the last date you may be right though, the only official message is invitations from February onwards but lets see what happens
But surely if the registration opens on the 11th that means it can be any date after not before right ?
idk i just thought more of it as, since this is one you can prepare for like giving people invitations after opening of registration gives them less preparation time, disadvantaging them but who knows, you just wait and you find out
Reply 6
idk i just thought more of it as, since this is one you can prepare for like giving people invitations after opening of registration gives them less preparation time, disadvantaging them but who knows, you just wait and you find out
hey managed to get the stat invite for ucl, wbu?
Original post by jake102:)
hey managed to get the stat invite for ucl, wbu?
yup today me and my friend got it
Reply 8
yup today me and my friend got it
yh seems like a lot of ppl are getting it, do you know the %
Original post by jake102:)
yh seems like a lot of ppl are getting it, do you know the %

No clue but it’s probably majority of the people who applied no clue why it took them so long to shortlist people but regardless Offers are gonna largely based on performance on this thing , too bad no years before us have had to do this before so we don’t know percentiles either so it’s all a gamble
congrats op for your invite, im not panic af becuz i haven't heard anything, does your ucl portal changes if you had an invite, I got A*A*A* A for FM Math CS and Physics, i thought my PS was decent but I didn't hear anything from them
Original post by sdaf4yuu5
congrats op for your invite, im not panic af becuz i haven't heard anything, does your ucl portal changes if you had an invite, I got A*A*A* A for FM Math CS and Physics, i thought my PS was decent but I didn't hear anything from them
I mean i am panic, somehow type that wrong, rlly shows how stressful i am 😩

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending