Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

170 for an a* r u having a laugh - maths edexcel watch

ReputationRep:
    Knowing virtually every school does edexcel for maths, it feels like we actually dodged a bullet doing OCR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dizgurl)
    Yeah, on my Edexcel maths one, I only have the subject award A*, but no mms mark or raw mark. If you don't mind, could you send one from the edexcel board. Thank you
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1472382489.719350.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  139.7 KB excuse how badly I did at Arabic 😭😭 the only subject I did really bad in loool but as u can see it shows my maths raw mark

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadiakms)
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1472382489.719350.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  139.7 KB excuse how badly I did at Arabic 😭😭 the only subject I did really bad in loool but as u can see it shows my maths raw mark

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Get it remarked!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamza772000)
    Get it remarked!
    idk why I should tbh lol I feel like I was lucky to even get 169 marks :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    !!! Because you're only 1 mark away - you can't possibly fall down to a B because that's 29 marks away so you've got nothing to lose! There must be an extra mark in the two papers somewhere.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Look, if u get lucky u'll get an A* if for some reason you get marked down, you'll still have an A! IF I were you, I'd definitely go for the remark

I anticipated that I had got 179 in the 2 papers after self marking! Turns out I acc got 183/200 :lol: so the examiners, I think, are more lenient than people imagine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meandegreen)
    !!! Because you're only 1 mark away - you can't possibly fall down to a B because that's 29 marks away so you've got nothing to lose! There must be an extra mark in the two papers somewhere.
    B is 64 marks away so I get you loooool and I see what you're saying but I honestly feel like I got my max marks n I bet when I start sixth form I wouldn't care and because I was so close to the a* the grammar school I want to enrol in has allowed me to take FM so mehhhhh /: and also it costs way too much money to get BOTH papers remarked when I can spend that money on make up ok lmao I'm f****** stupid i know I don't mind really my parents don't at all but i don't feel like it's really worth it ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamza772000)
    Look, if u get lucky u'll get an A* if for some reason you get marked down, you'll still have an A! IF I were you, I'd definitely go for the remark

I anticipated that I had got 179 in the 2 papers after self marking! Turns out I acc got 183/200 :lol: so the examiners, I think, are more lenient than people imagine
    I'm so iffy about it but honestly I ain't really fussed I feel like I should personally treasure the fact that I was a mark off an a* lol but I doubt it will get any higher BC when I self marked I thought I'd get around 163 and I got 169 so I see what u mean but idk my secondary school aren't really supportive and haven't even told me to remark :/ same for citizenship I was a ums off an a* but idc loooool

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B_9710)
    Oh yeah, never thought about that.
    Yeah, it was 72/75 for an A* this year on Edexcel M3.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so iffy about it but honestly I ain't really fussed I feel like I should personally treasure the fact that I was a mark off an a* lol but I doubt it will get any higher BC when I self marked I thought I'd get around 163 and I got 169 so I see what u mean but idk my secondary school aren't really supportive and haven't even told me to remark :/ same for citizenship I was a ums off an a* but idc loooool

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, but just go for it, if you get marked down no one will look at your marks just the fact that you have an A will be looked at
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by harrykel)
    no, they're not having "a" laugh, in fact, an "a*" laugh.
    bwahahaah

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.